HELP FROM THE MOMMYS PLEASE

Options
I need to know of success stories from mommys of children that were born via c-section! I have had 4 c-sections and 1 natural, and really nervous that my goal weight is just a dream. Also if you have had just one c-section but needed to lose over 70lbs please comment also!!!! I need some mommy motivation, thanks ladies!

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not a success story quite yet , but have had two c sections and when my youngest was one I went on to lose nearly 50 lbs , kept it off mostly for three years , now trying to lose another 20ish .
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Not quite a success story yet, but I started with about 50 lbs to lose. I am 10 months post partum from my second pregnancy, and this is how I look after 1 month of doing Insanity. My kids were both natural birth but I can assure you the stubborn belly pooch was there (and going away!)

69609_630240468800_403016948_n.jpg
  • alliehlacombe
    Options
    I had two c-sections within 22 months of each other. I lost 50 lbs in my first year on MFP and I have another 50 to lose. My belly area is not pretty but it is shrinking along with everything else.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My sister is a success story. she had her first two by c section my two older nephews were both 10 pound babies. the other 2 she had natural with success. my sister lost weight after having her first two and had the last too successfully natural. when I was pregnant I was told I might have to have one if my daughter didn't start being born at that time i was 240 pounds. I ended up having her natural.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Both of mine were natural.... but I do know a few friends that had C-sections and got back to goal weight. However, even at goal weight many still had "mommy pooch". But goal weight it by all means achievable!! Don't be discouraged and don't use "I had 4 c-sections" as an excuse. Work hard and you'll succeed!! It will be hard and you will find days you are discouraged - but if it was easy....everyone would be doing it.
    My suggestion...take pictures 1x per month along with measurements. You'll be amazed at your results. You may not get exactly to goal weight, but you will feel better about your accomplishments!!

GOOD LUCK!!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section in 2009 weighing 278lb.

I had a normal birth in 2011 weighing 205lb.

I am currently 145lb and although my tummy is a little saggy, it's not really that bad. You can do this :smile:
  • charisse15
    Options
    Im not a complete success yet.. still working on that.

1st c section was in 2002
    2nd c section was 2010
    3rd c section was 2012 (20 months after #2)

My tummy is also my problem area.. Im 6 months PP and have lost 45lbs, I only gained 9lbs with pregnancy #3 and 23lbs with #2 so Im basically still trying to get off the weight from #2 and some from #1..LOL ! I still have a good 50lbs to go before I will feel like its a success but feel free to add me !
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and am a success story in the making. My belly does droop a little but I have a long way to go and I am seeing it getting smaller. Just keep at it. From what I've been told, at then end of the weight loss is when things really start tightening up.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have had 5 pregnancies, the last set being twins and the very last baby was taken via c-section. I had 60 pounds (including pregnancy weight) to lose after my twins. I was around 200# when I had them and now weight between 135-140#.

Here was my tummy a few months after the section: 11r4v11.jpg

Here is my stomach currently: 2zqg2di.jpg
  • symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    I've had three c-sections , That's how I got fat in the first place lol, I started at 206 and I'm down to 156 or 157. I have a hard time seeing a difference in the mirror but it is extremely noticeable in pics and I measure myself on the first of every month. the tape measure doesn't lie and it is a better indication of the changes in your body. you will get discouraged but don't give up. it takes time and effort and ALOT of patience but it will be so worth it when I finaly get to my goal weight. you'll get there and it will be awesome. best of luck.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go before I'm at my goal weight, but one thing that has gone down is my mommy pooch (it was pretty big IMO). I'm not anywhere near it should be, but it's much better. It can happen, but it might not be the exact same as before, and that's okay, your a Mom!
  • JessicaLynn82
    Options
    I did Insanity last summer, and will do another 60 day challenge when I am lighter so not everything is flopping around!
  • JessicaLynn82
    Options
    I have had 5 pregnancies, the last set being twins and the very last baby was taken via c-section. I had 60 pounds (including pregnancy weight) to lose after my twins. I was around 200# when I had them and now weight between 135-140#.

Wow thank you!!! That gives me hope!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Wow you look amazing :)
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you! with my first son I gained 100 lbs and didnt loose any of it, I will have a repeat c section with this baby and would like only to get to 230 maybe 235 with this pregnancy I am currently at 221 at 19 weeks pregnant. and after that my goal is to get to 175! I will keep going after that, but 175 right now is my goal :)
  • JessicaLynn82
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments, they really help! I will never use my surgeries as an excuse I will use them as a motivation, I won't give up this lifestyle because it makes me feel to good about myself, I have 55 more pounds to go and cannot wait to post pics!!!! Here are my birthing fact.

BW-137
    C-Section at 210 in 2011
    Natural at 230 in 2004
    C-Section at 240 in 2004
    C-Section at 240 in 2007
    C-Section at 263 in 2011
    Start weight loss at 236lbs...CW 196lbs and can't wait to be as close as possible to my BW-137 I don't care how ugly my stomach gets!
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Im in progress on losing the weight i had 2 c-sections.one in 2008 and one in 2010....my highest weight was 193.wen i started mfp i was at 188 last week i was at 185.my next weigh in is tomorrow so im curious what my weight is now.my main worry is the belly pouchat the bottom of my belly.i dont wanna lose all this weight and still have it i know its going to be a long road ahead.so if you wanna add me you can.i wanna be at 120
  • Bxgell2
    Options
    I've had two c-sections... and I topped out at about 180lbs each pregnancy even though I'm only 5'4. My last c-section was in 2009 - the c-section bump isn't entirely gone, but I've been working hard and it's come down considerably. And I managed to bring my weight down to 120lbs.

Just posted some pics I took of a few dresses I am debating wearing for my reunion, which I consider a success:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903622-the-good-and-the-bad-parts-of-losing-weight
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm not a success story...yet! I had my youngest via c-section in April of 2009 and am fighting to get my abs back. I also just had surgery in December to repair my abdominal muscles because they separated with my pregnancies. This also caused 3 ventral hernias and an umbilical hernia that I had repaired as well. Now that I have my muscles "fixed" I need to battle the fat and flabby skin. I don't know if I'll ever have a perfectly flat tummy again but I'm certainly going to try.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c sections 19 months apart Im 29 and my youngest daughter will be a year old march 9th my tummy has shrunk quite a bit since losing 17.5 since Jan 1st 2013. I have a picture of my stomach on my profile its not perfect but its much better.My wieght before preg 1st one 119 after 150,before 2nd preg 150 after gained 11 lbs during/ lost it all in a week or so, she was 8lbs 6oz 150.5 im 4ft 10in she had nowhere to go but out.I have the small flap but just losing wieght helps a lot and then ab exercises too.When I reach my goal of 105 Ill post a pic.