Need a change

Options
Morning all my name is Tony. I am a 35 y/o firefighter paramedic in Colorado. I started using my fitnesspal about 2 weeks ago. Before then I was using Livestrong. This site and community seems to be more supportive. I started this trek at 6'0 242lbs. I use to be in the low 220s. I stopped doing cardio and stopped eating healthy but continued to do strictly strenght training. I maxed by flat bench at 365lb and was almost 250lbs. Needless to say I thought being just strong was ok. I since saw a picture of myself and was shocked at how bad and fat I was. pushing 365 did not matter anymore. I started this program, which is helping me eat right and record my progress. I have my first child on the way and I want to be there and be health for him. I started doing Spartacus workout 3-4 times a week with some low rest circuit free wieght training on off days. I have since joined 2 others on my fire crew on this website to help motivate. Today I am down to 234 and I feel great. After my hell week of food and Spartacus I am now able to do more at the gym and actually complete the workout with energy to run for about 15-20min. If you know Spartacus, then you know why it is only 15-20min. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi to the community. If anyone would like to join and try to get help being motivated feel free to friend me. I am not a personnel trainer, I am not a huge workout crazy monster, just a 242 pounder on his way to 200lb. Good luck all. Try and stay motivated !

Replies

• Missi3601
    Options
    today is my first realy day back in about 3 months. Working 2 jobs and going to school has kicked my butt- I'm ready to turn that around and would love to be a support to you through this journey!
  • caprica_006
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    you're welcome to fr me. :) im all about motivation & i log everyday. peace out.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    i go to school full time, work full time. have my son and im in the process of buying a house and getting married. all at the same time.

life is just plain crazy but if i can work it so can you :) no excuses. do it or dont. its simple.