I don't have any friends

Options
I have never been good at making friends growing up. I think I have had a total of about 3 friends in my entire life that I felt comfortable with. They were in middle school.
Now, I feel like it would be really helpful to have someone that I can talk to and actually connect with in a friendship way. Someone who has a lot of weight to lose, someone who understands the ups and downs of weight loss, someone who can text me when I need someone to talk to or who can text me when they need someone to talk to, someone who needs a friend who will always be there, someone who can send pictures of meals daily and someone who can just keep me accountable and be accountable as well.

I would love to feel like I just plain connect with someone on a friendship level so that I don't feel so abnormal. No one realizes what I a doing when it comes to my weight loss... people try to be supportive but, it doesn't work because they don't know what they are saying. I guess I am just looking for a friend that won't give up and won't do wrong with me. I am not judgemental, I text as much as possible, I log daily, I have an open diary, I am motivating, I am positive and I am a good person.

Anyone can message me anytime. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• brownmousemama
    brownmousemama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can text with me! I am socially awkward in real life and on the phone/skype, but I can text! I have a daughter and am trying to lose 60+ lbs so we have a lot in common. I'm already on your friend list on here, so you can send me a PM if you want. :)
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel a bit. I have one great friend that is also trying to loose weight but right now her life is so busy with her kids that she is just maintaining. I get lots of compliments and well dones!! But when I try to talk weight loss with my husband his eyes just glaze over.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow... you are umung friends I think there many of us out here who would be around to listen....let us know...:bigsmile:
  • CP_9712
    CP_9712 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you know, I am just like that. Actually when I was getting my security clearance for the army my ex-husband told them that I didn't have any friends. So yeah THATS on my permanent (government) record now! I'll IM you.
  • zenathabutifll1
    Options
    Hey how are you...i dont have many friends either. However i do have a select few people who i help to keep motivated with their weight loss this helps me stay on track with my own weight loss
  • tamikia87
    tamikia87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, Any of you are welcome to add me as a friend, I have very few people on here but I would love to find someone that write at least a few times a week if not everyday! I just started my weight loss journey January 2013, I have faithfully recorded everyday even the over the calories days. Look forward to chatting with some of you.