Suggestions on ramping up for the Warrior Dash 2013

Options
I am 33 years old in decent shape and am preparing for the 3.3 mile Warrior dash with 12 obstacles for the first time. I currently run 2 to 3 times a week, 2 miles at 18 minutes and lift weights 2 to 3 two weeks. Since I have lifted for years and new to the running, I'm trying to lean down but minimize muscle lost. Is there any suggestions on how to prepare for such a run? I have til May 11th to prepare.

Replies

• stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The warrior dash is a super fun race - just keep doing what you're doing! There are a few people that take it really seriously and try to win their heat, there are people that have never run a day in their lives and walk through most of it, and there are people in between.

At the obstacles there are Warrior Dash staff encouraging you which really helps. The obstacles make the run seem shorter but you get more tired. I think weight lifting and running is the perfect combination of training for it. Maybe throw some sprints into you running and some plyometrics into your workouts and you'll be set. Have a great time!