Anyone else sleep eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Nope can't do alarms or gates or tie myself up. I have cats and young kids that make all of those ideas impossible!

Compression gate across the top half of the door - kids/cats will go under easily, hopefully faceful of gate will wake you up. I have a friend who's a really heavy sleepwalker and he put a cat door in his bedroom door (no kids, but he also talked about putting in a dutch door and leaving the bottom open, which is kind of the Major Home Improvement version).
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate... It only happens when I take Ambien. I wake to wrappers and crumbs in my bed too. But it appears I still try and eat healthy. Ate a whole box of protein bar one night. Found a jar of salsa in my bed so I guess i must have drank it cuz i didn't have any chip to eat it with. Bags of almonds and popcorn, tomatoes, apple cores are just some of the things I must have consumed in my sleep. I even tried to shave a Kokapele in my hair with a electric razor once. My wife heard me using the razor in the middle of the night and stopped me. Needless to say I have stopped taking Ambein.

ME TOO! Only when I took Ambien! I'd wake up without any recollection of eating, but there would be candy wrappers strewn about, crumbs everywhere, weird food tastes in my mouth...it was scary! I mean I've gotten really drunk and could remember snippets of the night before, but with Ambien it was like someone was controlling my body. I think I even cooked a few meals too! Ugh...since then I don't take any sleep meds. I'm too scared of what I'll do. I might hop in the car and try to get fast food.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I personally don't but growing up, my mom did. We used to hide the junk food on her because she wasn't quite that dedicated while sleep eating so she'd just have something to drink and go back to bed. Can you have the junk food hidden or difficult to reach? Besides that, maybe just don't even buy it in the first place...that's usually my solution because though I don't sleep eat, I have pretty crappy willpower while awake.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    not good.
  • Jodi_Hiking4Fitness
    Options
    Those small window alarms aren't very loud... Might be worth a shot. Maybe they would wake you if you were close to them, but not wake up your kids. We have them on our basement windows.

OMG I never considered an alarm system. I'm not worried about going outside, but I wonder if it can be rigged to the fridge door? Thanks for sharing :)