Day Off

Options
Does anyone have a specific "day off" from tracking where you pretty much eat what you want to (in moderation) and don't bother counting?

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Nope, I track every single day. I do allow myself to go over my suggested calories 1 day every week or 2 weeks. That is just me though, if I give myself an inch I will take a mile! :)
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    I agree with this post, I log everything in every day, well except chewing gum.

To make you feel like youre having a "free day" try this method Zig-Zag Calorie Intake Zig-zagging, or calorie cycling is the process of varying daily calorie intake, while maintaining the same weekly intake. Instead of consuming (for example) precisely 1800 calories each day - you can mix it up. Eat 1500 calories one day, and 2100 calories the next. This can be as simple as halving then doubling a portion size, or adding a post-workout shake into the plan. Just keep your body guessing, this way you can lose and eat certain foods on certain days.

Hope this helps
    Nope, I track every single day. I do allow myself to go over my suggested calories 1 day every week or 2 weeks. That is just me though, if I give myself an inch I will take a mile! :)
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Nope, never.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    It depends how busy my husband and I are on Saturdays. Sometimes, I won't log those days, but I am very conscious of what I am eating throughout the day. I'm a numbers person, so I can total up my numbers in my head for a day to know if I'm within reason or not. That way, I can allow myself somewhat of a "cheat meal/treat" on Saturday. Plus, my husband works 6 days a week and we hardly get time together, so that cheat meal is rather important to us.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I cannot do take a day off. I am a food addict and one day will lead to two and pretty soon i will be off track totally and gaining weight like crazy. To me food is a drug, i use it for comfort, i use it when i am tired, happy sad, so i follow it like that. one day at a time and no relapse on food or i am in trouble!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I track every day... and try my best to track my so-called "cheat meal". We went to a Japanese Steakhouse last weekend for our anniversary & I didn't really attempt to... just too much involved. I was ok with it because it's not like we went to the Melting Pot - lol... we had fairly healthy food... minus the oils of course.
  • amyfritz
    amyfritz Posts: 33
    Options
    I like everyone else, track every day. That doesnt mean that I meet my calorie goal every day. I do allow myself a cheat meal a week where I eat what I want but I do put it in, just to see the calories and to track my overall progress. But my advice is to do what works for you
  • WoodrowWilson
    Options
    It seems like it is a good idea to have one day a week to not track to get used to doing it in the long run after you meet your goals. I have days when I don't track and just try to do the best I can. :smile:
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I agree with this post, I log everything in every day, well except chewing gum.

To make you feel like youre having a "free day" try this method Zig-Zag Calorie Intake Zig-zagging, or calorie cycling is the process of varying daily calorie intake, while maintaining the same weekly intake. Instead of consuming (for example) precisely 1800 calories each day - you can mix it up. Eat 1500 calories one day, and 2100 calories the next. This can be as simple as halving then doubling a portion size, or adding a post-workout shake into the plan. Just keep your body guessing, this way you can lose and eat certain foods on certain days.

Hope this helps
    That sounds quite interesting... I'm showing signs of not losing any weight on my first week, though I am eating well below by calorie allowance and exercising every day..... I'm starting to get worried I just am not going to lose any... I might keep this in mind!