Miracle Noodles?!

Options
I was wondering if anyone has any good miracle noodles recipes. ive tried them in stir fry and its not bad but im looking for something different and healthy...any ideas?

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    I haven't heard of Miracle noodles, but I do use Shirataki noodles and they are wonderful. Chelle has tons of recipes for these. Do a search for it and you will be very pleased with the results. Best of luck!
  • mynameis123456
    Options
    I've heard of No0dles, which, from what I've gathered, are zero calorie(!!!) noodles.
  • jecamacho07
    Options
    sorry i was using the slang term lol but yes the shirataki noodles. Im looking for some awesome new recipes cuz the stir fry i made just didnt cut it.
  • MariahsMommy2013
    Options
    Black Bean and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
    Recipe type: Salads, Vegetarian
    Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 2 hours Total time: 2 hours 15 mins

Ingredients
    1 package Macaroni Shirataki
    2 cups dried black beans
    ½ celery stalk
    ½ carrot
    A few sprigs fresh thyme
    A few sprigs fresh parsley
    1 bay leaf
    ½ onion
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
    ⅓ cup lime juice
    1 red onion, minced
    A handful fresh cilantro, chopped
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    Kosher salt and pepper
    Instructions
    Tie the celery, carrot, thyme, parsley, and bay leaf into a bundle using cotton butcher’s twine. Place the beans, bundle, and onion into a pot. Add just enough water to barely cover the beans. Bring to a simmer, partially cover, and cook for 1 to 2 hours until beans are barely tender.
    After 30 minutes, add the salt to the beans. Occasionally check on the beans and add water to cover the beans, if needed.
    When beans are just barely tender, drain them and remove the carrot bundle.
    Toss the beans while hot with the olive oil, lime juice, onion, cilantro, cumin, Macaroni Shirataki and chili powder.
    Chill thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    OP, I found this in my email from the Hungry girl and thought of you. It really sounds yummy to me:

1/8th of recipe (about 1 cup): 58 calories, <0.5g fat, 705mg sodium, 10.5g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus® value 1*

This meatless recipe makes a nice big batch of super guilt-free soup. Share it with friends, or keep it all to yourself and enjoy it for days...

Ingredients:
    2 bags House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shaped Noodle Substitute
    1 cup roughly chopped onion
    1 cup chopped carrots
    2 tsp. chopped garlic
    1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
    5 cups fat-free vegetable broth
    One 15-oz. can straw mushrooms, drained
    One 8-oz. can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
    2 cups roughly chopped baby bok choy
    1 cup halved sugar snap peas
    2 1/2 tsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
    1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup chopped scallions
    Optional seasonings: salt and black pepper
    Directions:
    Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles. Pat dry. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave noodles for 2 minutes. Drain excess liquid and thoroughly pat dry. Roughly cut noodles.

Bring a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add onion, carrots, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir until veggies have slightly softened and garlic is fragrant, about 5 minutes.

Add noodles and all remaining ingredients except scallions. Set heat to high, and bring to a boil.

Reduce to a simmer. Cook and stir until veggies are soft, 15 - 20 minutes.

Serve sprinkled with scallions, and enjoy!

MAKES 8 SERVINGS
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has any good miracle noodles recipes. ive tried them in stir fry and its not bad but im looking for something different and healthy...any ideas?

There's no such thing, as your base ingredient is terrible.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options

There's no such thing, as your base ingredient is terrible.

2nd that!!!!