What do you eat for your exercize cals?

Options
OK I recently got the Wii and totally love it BUT I am finding it very hard to eat the extra cals earned for exercizing :blushing: So I am wondering what do you add to your normal food for the day?

Today I had 382 cals left when I closed off the tracker for the day this included "You've earned 260 extra calories from exercise today"

Even to get to that amount left I struggled to eat some more lol I am totally full :huh: Any ideas would be appreciated thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• peggyo
    peggyo Posts: 6
    Options
    How bout a protein shake or bar? I usually drink a shake with some added fruit after my workout and it's around 200 calories. Vanilla with frozen peaches or chocolate with strawberries. Good stuff.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    2 Tbsp of peanut butter on 6 Kashi Heart to Heart crackers (I like to make them into little sandwiches) and 1% milk. That'll get your calories up!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    try to calculate a little of the extra calories into every meal instead of trying to fill a huge gap at the end of the day. Add some seeds or nuts to your salad, use full fat dressing, eat a tiny bit more pasta or bread, and so on. Be careful, though b/c you don't want to end up over again.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,004 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I eat a bigger breakfast on days when I expect to do more exercise.

:flowerforyou: Sometimes I do extra exercise just to earn some almond butter
    my biggest indulgence :bigsmile:
  • edelq
    edelq Posts: 111
    Options
    I have a similar issue. If I don't exercise, my calorie goal is 1200, which I know I need to meet to make sure I don't go into starvation mode. My problem is exercise Cals,, I'm doing couch to 5 K and Jillian Michaels at the minute, so burning lots of calories (between 400 and 600), and my problem is I end up eating chocolate and sweets to make up for it.. I know this isn't the right way to go! I've tried swapping the chocolate bars for fibre bars / nut bars, which I'm sure are better for me, but they are also lower in calories..

I'm terrible for snacking, but I've managed to change a lot of my snacks to healthier alternatives, and don't want to undo my hard work from exercising by eating rubbish.

I guess I'll try some of the suggestions here.. anyone else any advice? or good / handy snacks I can eat at my desk in work etc?
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    timing of nutrition is more important than calories themselves. You can't expect to eat 800-1200 calories in meals, and expect to lose weight. I would go for the advice offered above. Add more food to breakfast if your breaking a 10-12 hour fast. Make sure you have some protein. Throughout the rest of the day, add additional calories to help you attain your caloric needs.

Protein shake, yogurt, fruit, nuts are things i add to my snacks to help me push for my dietary goals.
  • edelq
    edelq Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try that, I'm always fighting being hungry in the morning (I'd happily eat breakfast 3 times over)- so maybe I'll actually do that, have my cereal and then some protein later in the morning. going to try to add in little bits to my meals and snacks, rather than seeing an extra 300 cals and eating a bar of chocolate !
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    If I know that I am going to be excerising that day I will just add extra calories into my regular meals and then make sure I burn enough to cover those cals.