When do you complete you food diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I usually log in as I go along on my phone. My coworkers usually have a laugh as I use the barcode scanner on my food. :) I don't hit complete until I have my evening snack.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I log from midnight to midnight. I am a nightshift worker, so my sleep hours are inconsistent too, midnight to midnight works the best for me.
  • moody3157
    Options
    As I go - iPhone app during the day and before/after mealtime at home on the computer. If I wait, I will forget or neglect to enter something.
  • kisses4dylan
    kisses4dylan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try too as I go during the week! On weekends, I try and plan out my meals (this is the time Im more prone to mess up) and something about me putting it in there as I expect WORKS better than as I go (on weekends)
  • TheQueen35
    Options
    I log the day before. Try to plan out meals and inbetween snacks ahead of time. That way I can prepare the day ahead if need be and measure things out. I give myself some leway to play with as well if I have a little something extra.
  • Dianescraps
    Options
    I log as I go on my phone, unless I know there is a certain meal planned and I don't want to mess up and be short calories for it, then I will log ahead.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I usually log much of the day while I'm eating breakfast. Whatever I'm eating for breakfast first, then what I have planned for dinner and my planned exercise for the day. Then I can see what I have available for for lunch and snacks. Like today, after I logged breakfast and dinner, I had about 920 remaining, so allotted 400-500 for lunch and the rest for snacks. Lunch came in at 435 today, leaving 485 for snacks. That gives me the flexibility to have a snack before I run, maybe a glass of wine at dinner, and a before-bedtime snack as well. Or I can skip the wine and have two afternoon snacks. Whatever I feel like at the time.

So I don't stop logging until bedtime. Since I'm flexible about snacks, I need to check and make sure I ate enough to be close to my goal calories for the day. If not, it's time to reach for the peanut butter and a spoon.
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I work from home...so I log as I go. Much easier for me to keep track of things. Plus, if I've been "good" all day, and we're going out for dinner that evening...I know just how much exercise I need to get in to get any "bonus" calories to spend at dinner. Makes life SO much easier!
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    when I'm done eating
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't complete my food diary until I am done eating for the day. So like when I'm working I might not finish it until around midnight or even after midnight, then I have to go back to that day but I still wait until I'm done for the day.
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    During a working day, I log the food I eat at work as I am eating it or I can easily forget what I have had. My evening meal I log after I have eaten it, however if I am coming to the end of my calories, then I will log before eating it to see if I am going to go over. I will then make adjustments.

With you being up for 30+ hours maybe logging as you go will work?!? that way you don't have to wait for a long time or miss any entries. Think it is just a matter of getting into a habit.

Good luck!
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I log from midnight to midnight. I am a nightshift worker, so my sleep hours are inconsistent too, midnight to midnight works the best for me.

this is what I've been doing, it helps to keep it consistent for me, even though I might not go to sleep for several more hours, and I don't have to think about "is this from today, or for tomorrow. I keep it for whatever I eat on that date, some times it ends up being weird where I'll have eaten a good portion of the days calories before I actually go to sleep at 7 or 8 am. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on this were
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I log as I go on my phone to keep myself honest. Before dinner, I know what I have left for the day. Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I complete my entry when i know I'm done eating for the night.

This sometimes I have to go back and log when I forget stuff or have to have that extra glass of wine. Somedays it's after midnight.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have my diary entries setup for time blocks (instead of the default Breakfast, Lunch, etc) because my schedule is pretty crazy, too. I will often need to eat something around 3 or 4 am and go to bed around 6 or 7.

Sometimes I hit the "complete" button at the end of the current day (midnight) but most of the time I don't even click it at all.