I keep cheating on myself!

Options
Hello my name is CheaChea and I am here to admit I cheat on myself all the time and I need help! The point of MFP for me is for the accountability. I often lie to myself about how I am doing and that hurts my progress. So it is time to be honest with myself and my MFP buddies and stop cheating my journey! If I gain weight I dont input it, I wait that week until I lose and tell myself to just plug in next week. I fell off for a day that then turned into a week that led to 2 weeks all the while telling myself I will get back on the next day then next week. Well here I am 2 weeks later I gained all the weight I had lost in 3 weeks. So I have to start from 0! Yes I am ashamed but If I wont be honest with myself I will never get any where. I have learned that there cant be any cheat days for me because I lose control and that leads to disappointment. So until I get more secure and in control I wont be having any cheat days, cheat bites or unhonest or postponed weigh ins.

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• gitanagirl
    gitanagirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl! :D yes you CAN do it and were behind you all the way! :D
  • princesspamelatransformation
    Options
    Unfortunately, it seems like you are placing a lot of guilt on yourself. Yes, you do have to be honestly accountable for all of your actions, but in my lifestyle health journey there is no "cheating days"/no guilt. I do watch what I eat most days, but I will count out 12 chips with my turkey sandwich. I have a cupcake or small piece of cake at birthday parties. It does take control to not go back for more chips or cake, but I don't deprive myself of it...it's simply portion control for me to the T. I acknowledge my addiction is sweets, but I control that addiction, I do not let it control me. I also now work out at the gym 5-7 times a week and believe me with all this weight on this body, it's not easy....but I get it done at my pace and no one elses. I have a lot to lose, but I know I didn't put it on in a day and I now through MFP and my true comittment, I have a long term plan that is working for me to help me over a course of time to do this. If you are serious about doing this honestly with yourself......and you do see like you ready, feel free to add me and we can support each other.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    me too,
    wanna come over for a drink?