Low Calorie "easy to make" Lunch Ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• jessicadombroski
    Options
    A lunch that I like to make is zucchini pizzas. There 155-175 calories.
    preheat over to 400 degrees
    cut a zucchini into slices (9-12)
    and place on a foiled pan
    next spread some marinara sauce on them (1/2 cup)
    add fat free or reduced fat cheese
    bake for about 10-15 minutes depending on how burnt you like your cheese
    let it sit for about 1-2 minutes to cool.
    Its very filling, and if your watching your calories its a great option, because your replacing the bread for zucchini.
  • graciesmomma0209
    graciesmomma0209 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love to make some chicken and then throw a bunch of veggies in with it to make my own sort of stir fry. Also salads are good and easy to make
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I plan out our lunches in advance. Like, last night -- I cooked up two 6 oz pork steaks, cut them into very small pieces, cut up 4 large celery stocks, added buffalo sauce, mixed it up -- in the morning I put it in a mission 120 cal wrap total lunch: 309 calories. I usually grab a 80 cal yogurt, and small amount of veggies. Total lunch: 450. Not bad, and keeps me full on my 10 hr days! :)
  • Waylow2013
    Options
    I make lettuce wraps.
    1 lb ground turkey breast
    3 cups shredded cabbage
    1/2 cup Krafts Asian Sesame Lite Salad dressing
    2 cloves garlic
    3 green onion chopped.

Fry the turkey and and the other ingredients and heat. I bought butter lettuce for the wraps. I came out to about 138 cals per wrap dividing the recipe into 6.

*This recipe originated from the BOCA website but I used ground turkey instead.
  • swissbrit
    Options
    Have you ever tried Frittata's??????? they are good hot or cold with salad and can be made low cal :-)
    http://www.yummly.com/recipes/low-calorie-frittata
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Frittata's??????? they are good hot or cold with salad and can be made low cal :-)
    http://www.yummly.com/recipes/low-calorie-frittata

I second frittatas, I make them a lot and they reheat at work very well or are good cold, too.
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you love buffalo chicken, I highly recommend this recipe. I doesn't take that long to make, you can make a ton of it, and it heats up really well. It's on my blog :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gingerfitness/view/buffalo-chicken-quinoa-495759

Great recipe!! Cant wait to try it!

Can't wait to try this one!
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a lot of Lean Cuisine Salad additions. You just heat it up and add your lettuce. I've using about 2 cups of spinach plus the Salad additions for a lunch under 300 calories.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use those too, they are quite tasty. Though I mostly use (now) Pepperidge Farm's 15-grain bread. It's so dense, it's like eating a brick. Which I like. :-) More nutrtion in a small space! :-)

-BootJockey
  • Terrific salad I had last night for dinner was easy and about 400 calories:
    2-3 cups baby spinach
    1 ounce reduced fat feta
    2 tblsp litehouse balsamic viniagrette
    2 slices center cut bacon, ground into bacon bits
    1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

By easy, I mean you can easily have all the stuff ready to go :)
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Salads: my absolute favorite lunch. I vary them up with different types of meat (deli meat, chopped ham/turkey, rotisserie chicken, fajita meat), lots of veggies & toppings (carrots, pickles, pepperoncinis, apple slices, boiled egg, mushrooms, green & red onions, olives, garbanzo beans, kidney beans) and keep them as cold as possible until lunch.

Meat & veggie wraps: I spread Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese on a few slices of deli meat, then wrap up grilled asparagus spears in them.

Leftovers: casseroles work best for me. I have a recipe for twice-baked spaghetti squash & it makes enormous portions, so I always have tons of leftovers. It's high in fiber, low in calories, and really good when it's cold outside.

Can I get the recipe for the twice baked spaghetti squash please? That sounds good!
  • tadlana
    tadlana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump