My will power has gained strength.

Options
I went to a wedding yesterday and when it came time for the food I was nervous as being hispanic they serve all the things that go straight to your buns and thighs lol. Well, I took my plate and took one serving of the rice available (turned down another serving being offered to be of another spoonful of rice) walked to the protein took one serving again, one of vegetables and took a plate of fruit with me full of fruits. Of this I had two servings. I must say I was very proud of me when I got up to get more fruit and not rice or pasta. Feels good. Who has a wedding coming up? I"m ready! Have you guys had that "yay" moment at a party? where you kept yourself in check with loads of food around?

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Not at a party but the other night the boyfriend had had a bad day and 'wanted junk'. I refused the offer of a take away and sat and ate tuna steak, couscous and roasted vegetables while he and his son ate stuff from the chip shop, that was a big deal for me!
  • tam87tam
    Options
    I knew I was hanging out with friends last night, and pizza was going to be the dinner option - with cookies and chips to make a well rounded meal. So, I went to thy gym beforehand, worked out - had one chip, one itty bitty cookie, and yes, some pizza for dinner. I know that sounds horrible - but it is such an improvement.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Good job guys! Your thighs will thank you later.