Chocolate Substitue - no nuts!

Options
Hi,

I need some help. I am after something to eat as a snack other than chocolate. I have fruit but i don't know wha tto have when i crave somethign sweet. I know a lot of people put on here to have nuts, but i have Crohn's disease which makes my diet rather restrictive and means i can't eat nuts.

does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks :happy:

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Do you like dark chocolate? Getting a lower sugar, more cocoa variety and having a few squares could fit into your diet if you plan for it. You could also add pure cocoa powder to things you are currently eating, perhaps oatmeal.

Edit: Perhaps not, after reading about Crohn's Disease you are to avoid chocolate and high fiber foods. Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about the disease, hopefully someone else has a good suggestion for you :flowerforyou:
  • tam87tam
    Options
    Try adding chocolate protein powder to things like yogurt and oatmeal. I mix a scoop of chocolate protein powder with nonfat greek yogurt. Tastes chocolatey (and not too much like protein powder). Tons of protein.

I also try to eat a savory snack (as they are easier to find) regardless of the craving - and its changed my cravings.
  • mrsdean87
    mrsdean87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im a choc addict! Lol i eat weightwatchers belgian choc slices there soooo gud n 88 cals per slice x
  • mrsdean87
    mrsdean87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Or go ahead forrest fruit slices 50 cals per slice there tasty aswel x