The most you've lost in a month?

Options
bre1833
bre1833 Posts: 34 Member
What's the most weight you've lost in a month?

Replies

• alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You should also ask how long it took to gain it back. Losing a lot of weight quickly is not a good idea.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds in a month before. Actually, about 30 pounds over three months.

It was very stupid. I sacrificed way too much lean mass to do that. I never gained it back, except for maybe a couple of pounds, but I did things poorly back then.
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am sure it was mostly water weight, but my first month I lost 34 pounds. 9 in the first day. Like I said, it had to be water weight.
  • alanlmarshall
    Options
    It will vary according to starting weight. Losing 30 could sound impressive, but it either means the person was very large to start with or they starved themselves and risked their health. Again, it's a questionable measure of success.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 my first month. Every month since has been around 10/11, except for December where I only lost 3. :grumble:
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    wow thats amazing what people lose in a month. I only lost about 3 to 4 lbs a month. I lose 1 inch a week
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The first month of exercise, I lost 13lbs.
  • mnmike1973
    Options
    20 lbs, but I'm 6'4 and started at 238 lbs. Worked out (cardio) every day for 60 minutes so that is probabaly why it was 20 lbs. Generally speaking I also ate about 2100 calories per day. Starting my second month now...
  • alanlmarshall
    Options
    wow thats amazing what people lose in a month. I only lost about 3 to 4 lbs a month. I lose 1 inch a week

It's not amazing, what you are doing is better.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    10 pounds :D
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this two weeks and have lost 11lb. I haven't been starving myself at all, so I think it is just the lifestyle change which makes it come off fast first. I expect it will slow down heaps for the next two weeks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!