Anyone doing Diet Chef?

Options
Hi everyone,

Just started a diet today (again!) , Diet Chef...not sure if anyone else is doing and if so if they have had any success?? Its prepacked delivered meals so perfect for the busy and/or lazy! I am veggie and there is quite a good selection, so I am just hoping it works. I have underactive thyroid and an inactive job so its never going to be easy but plan to give it my best shot. Good luck to everyone out there on their own journey. :)

Replies

• Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I didn't do Diet Chef, but I did a similar one for a couple of weeks. It was okay. I like cooking however, so found pre made meals a bit boring, or there would be a surprise of having to cook about 2 tablespoons of rice that they provided to go with the lunch when I though it was all ready to go. Both my kids were little and at home when I did it, so I found it weird to always be eating something different to them.

If you can afford it, and you only eat what they provide, I'm sure it'll work. If nothing else, it may give you some ideas for new meals. I personally didn't find it worth the money, but see how it goes for you.
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. I really liked it but the danger for me was having 35 snacks delivered in one go.......I knew they were there and the temptation was too great. I also found after a while I just couldn't justify the cost but there are some meals that they did that I really really miss......their sausages in onion gravy, chicken fricasee to name a couple!
  • Tallia2009
    Options
    Yes was wondering about the snack temptation...... only been tempted by one packet today! Well done on your weight loss, I see you have lost 30lb, what diet are you doing now?
  • Tallia2009
    Options
    I have to say I was shocked at how little rice was in the packet! I think you can bulk it out with veg, just reading the booklet...I hope so as 1200 calories not a lot!! What diet are you following now?
  • mrsk27
    mrsk27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i did it a while ago...had success in first few weeks but then does get bit boring and i agree having all the snacks there makes you cheat a little...enjoy the breakfasts and dinners but soup all time for lunch was hard especially as i did it in summer...i still hav loads of it but i tend to just use it as diet food when i want it now.
    But if you can follow it without getting bored i think it is really good...i lost 10lbs in 2 weeks
  • Tallia2009
    Options
    wow 10lb in 2 weeks is good, I will happily take that! I'm not really a foodie so am hoping the repetitiveness of the food isn't going to be a problem!
  • andreaslim
    Options
    Hi Tallia

I started something similar today, I get fresh meals delivered daily, 3 main + 2 snack and It is all calorie controlled by a dietician and freshly made, but it is very expensive! I am trying it for 3 months then going it alone after that. hope to see you around here!
  • Tallia2009
    Options
    Hi Tallia

I started something similar today, I get fresh meals delivered daily, 3 main + 2 snack and It is all calorie controlled by a dietician and freshly made, but it is very expensive! I am trying it for 3 months then going it alone after that. hope to see you around here!

Ooh sounds lovely, is that a local company ? good luck with that, I've signed p for 4 months and like you hope to just carry on alone...just had vegetarian curry with roasted Aubergine aNd green beans....just wished could have a glass of wine!!!
  • Witchmoo
    Options
    Yes was wondering about the snack temptation...... only been tempted by one packet today! Well done on your weight loss, I see you have lost 30lb, what diet are you doing now?

I never bought the Diet Chef rice to go with it. I just used Uncle Bens, cheaper and as long as it was in my calorie allowance I could have a bit more.

Now I'm just doing my own thing, watching calories and portion size. Works out cheaper and I get to control what's in the house to tempt me.....for example I learnt yesterday that I can't buy 3 creme eggs without eating them all in one sitting!!

I think my diary is open so feel free to take a look. I did Diet Chef from February 2012 to about June/July. I lost more than my 30lb that is my current but I'm afraid I went bonkers toward the end of last year and put on a good two stone.....only back on track since January!
  • Witchmoo
    Options
    When I did it I worked out what my calorie allowance was on here and used the Diet Chef food and other stuff to get up to date, I always had around 1400 to 1600 a day by adding veggies, rice or a jacket potato etc.
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    I've just finished 4 months of diet chef and have been integrating normal food in for the last couple of weeks, yes it is dull but very convenient. I don't think it is actually as expensive as it seems, I think it was worth every penny to be honest.

36187518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods