Need help with exercises for arms!

Options
I have a typical pear shaped body! But I have chunky arms lol! I have been trying relentlessly for over a year to try and reduce them! Initially I had absolutely no strength in my arms but since I have been lifting weights I can see some improvement strength wise but hardly any difference in the size! Can anyone please suggest any form of exercise I can do to reduce them and firm them up? They are ridiculously soft and flabby! :( any kind of advice is welcome!

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Bench press, inclined bench press, barbell rows.
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Straight up pushups girl! On the knees or on the toes! That will give your arms the 'toned' look you want BUT your body won't release that fat on your arms until its ready unfortunately. Keep your diet tight, do those pushups, and keep doing your workouts and your arms will be sleek and toned before you know it!
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! My upper body strength is so bad! I can't do more than 10 push ups at a time! Need to do something about that!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Pullups, pushups, lat pulldown, Farmers walks
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You really cant target where you lose weight by working out certain areas more then others. However, building muscle will help to make them look more tone. My advice would be to just do typical arm workouts and build up your bicep, triceps, and shoulders. It doesnt matter how little you do when you are just starting all that matters is your pushing yourself farther each time.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Pushups for tone, cardio to reduce the fat. Sadly, the latter takes time and is required to see the former.