Juicing- Can you suggest a juicer?

Options
Hey- I decided I want to start juicing at least once a day for my oldest son and myself. I was looking at the NutriBullet. I have no experience with these things so I am curious if anyone has a juicer they can recommend? Or, steer me away from something you tried and hated. Thanks!

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't juice, I blend... VitaMix!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    VitaMix- I'll have to look that up. I actually wonder if the NutriBullet is similar. I guess it grinds up rinds and such. There are so many products out there that I am really confused!
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Vitamix for sure--Nutribullet is okay, but it definitely won't blend a Green Smoothie like a Vitamix. If you can afford the Vitamix, and Bed, Bath & Beyond does honor the 20% off coupon (even though the coupon excludes Vitamix) you can get a significant chunk off the cost. I'd save up for the Vitamix before I'd buy the Nutribullet--I use my Vitamix everyday and it's one of my main cooking tools.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok- 2 for the VitaMix! Thanks for the reply!
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Agree -- Blend instead of Juice
    If you have $400 -- Vitamix
    If you have under $100 - Ninja
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Vitamix for sure--Nutribullet is okay, but it definitely won't blend a Green Smoothie like a Vitamix. If you can afford the Vitamix, and Bed, Bath & Beyond does honor the 20% off coupon (even though the coupon excludes Vitamix) you can get a significant chunk off the cost. I'd save up for the Vitamix before I'd buy the Nutribullet--I use my Vitamix everyday and it's one of my main cooking tools.

Vitamix has been on my list... So Bed Bath and Beyond honors the 20% coupon??? That's good to know.
  • nature88
    nature88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Vita Mix, #1!!!
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A while back I heard that Breville juicers are pretty good. Best Buy has them. The reviews seem pretty strong but I have no firsthand experiences to share. Good luck.
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have the Nutribullet and it works fine. It doesn't really juice, it's a extractor. Blends the pulp and juice together. Mine works fine. I have owned the Jack LaLane juice in the past and it does what it is supposed to. But the difference is that the juicer you just get juice, no pulp with it. Depends on what you want. I make smoothies in my Nutribullet. Can't do that with a juicer. People also like the Ninja.
  • saroknight
    Options
    I use a Champion juicer. Works amazing and if you feed through frozen whole bananas it makes a sort of soft serve banana ice cream!! Soo good
  • sameervasta
    Options
    I love the Breville juicer I have, but if you can get by with blending, that can be a lot cheaper.

This is what I have and it is excellent: http://www.breville.ca/die-cast-juice-fountain-elite.html
  • calimoma
    Options
    i have the breville juice fountain plus and i love it!! easy to use and to clean. the more expensive extractor juicers are hell to clean!! plus it wasnt a fortune to buy.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is a blender and not a juicer (it does not extract the juice, but uses every part of the ingredient). It allows all (or most) of the nutrients to be digested since we don't have to break it down in our bodies (to use that analogy). With a juicer, you lose all the beneficial fiber and much of the nutrients contained in it. If a juicer is what you want, the Vitamix ain't it. If a blender is what you want, there's really not a good substitute, except maybe for the Blendtec.

My food processor didn't even come close to blending the way my Vitamix does, so I've retired my processor.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    double gear juicers are the best. I love my juices. My body doesn't have to work so hard at extracting nutrients.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Bingo. Juicing removes a lot of nutrients. If you don't have the money for a VitaMix, the next best thing is an all metal blender base with tempered glass. We used VitaMix when I was tending bar... amazing. However we had a nice 3 speed high horsepower Oster that kicked as well. It was about 80.00 and I have one in my home now.

Good hunting!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    VitaMix- I'll have to look that up. I actually wonder if the NutriBullet is similar. I guess it grinds up rinds and such. There are so many products out there that I am really confused!
    Hey there! VitaMix is top of the line and runs approximately $400-$650 (OUCH) but it's amazing!!! I would recommend, whatever you do end up with, to get a BLENDER and NOT a juicer. Juicers kick out fruit & veggie pulp to produce a fine juice. It's a waste of money (meaning you're throwing away food) & most of all vital nutrients -- imo.

Blenders keep it all in there so you don't lose anything you're putting in - and then you can also add protein powders, etc. A high quality Blender is the way to go. Happy Shopping!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options

YES!

Jucing gets rid of a TON of the natural fiber. Vitamix makes amazing smoothies - all the calories of jucie but 3x more filling and 10x more nutritious (not official numbers :drinker:)
    I love my juices. My body doesn't have to work so hard at extracting nutrients.

Your body also doesn't have to work at digesting the food which means you aren't getting the same bang for your caloric buck ... so to speak. Think of juice as pre-digested veggies/fruits and smoothies as a way to consume WAY more veggies/fruits in one glass than you normally would in a whole meal!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to spend the $400+ for a Vitamix, so I got the NutriBullet last week and so far so good. I've blended carrots, ice, strawberries, greens and more to a pulp. I'd recommend it.
  • Ay_Rene
    Ay_Rene Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i really like the GNC brand juicer. Cheap and nothing too special but my juice is smooth with zero pulp and i love it!
  • investit
    investit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried using the 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond for the Vitamix?