Ahh!! 260s!!Time to snap outta of it!

Options
Woke up this morning and was like hey I'm gonna weigh myself cause I have not done that in a while probably not to bad,probably in the 240's.I looked at that scale and could not believe my eyes! 262!!! Seriously I 've never had my weight that high before!! I don;t know just lately i've just given up and just wanted to eat everything that i wanted no matter if it was good for me or not. But seeing that number scares that crap out of me!! I just can't believe i did this.Just lately so much has happened and I've been so stressed I just stopped caring and have really lost my wayy. But I know now I really need to kick myself in the booty and really do this again.My only issues is giving up all the food i like, handling stress better without eating it away, and not knowing how many calories I REALLY should be in taking per day.I'm 21 5'7 and 262lbs.Help?!!

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    What does MFP recommend you have for calories? There are lots of posts on forums for other sites on BMR, TDEE, etc. etc. At 5'7" and guessing I would think 1600 calories with 45 min. exercise a day should get you to 1 to 2 lbs loss a week. Do some research, start logging your food and go from there. Just commit to logging your food. Helps you choose wiser when you are holding yourself accountable.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You don't need help...you described exactly why you gained weight.

Walk/run/jog 3 miles 6 days a week. It doesn't matter if you crawl 2.5 of the 3 miles - just get through it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Get started right now by plugging your stats into MFP. Set it to lose 1 lb per week for now. Don't worry about all the alternatives until you have had a chance to think about them. Just get started. It will tell you how much to eat. As for what to eat, start with adding more veggies, rather than concentrating on what you are avoiding.

As for foods and emotions, exercise helps with stress. Start walking when ever you feel yourself reaching for comfort food. Just go for a ten minute walk. It will give you time to think and deal with the emotions.

Good luck!
  • ToLOVEmyself26
    ToLOVEmyself26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I put it at lose 1 lb per week and it said 1980 calories and I hope its not to much.But id rather start at that then start at a drastically low number like 1200. I think my body will adjust to the change a lot better and wont go into shock.lol
  • ToLOVEmyself26
    ToLOVEmyself26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    And thank you all for the advice/tips.:)