shoveling snow

Options
Reminder to those of you in the midwest...following our nice snowstorm, we've got some calorie burning opportunities! Shoveling snow burns about 292 calories in 30 minutes for a person weighing 150 lbs.

Replies

• pamschwab3
    Options
    Reminder to those of you in the midwest...following our nice snowstorm, we've got some calorie burning opportunities! Shoveling snow burns about 292 calories in 30 minutes for a person weighing 150 lbs.
  • Furpaws
    Options
    gee, thanks for the reminder.....:grumble:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :tongue: yeah I'll get to that tomorrow when the snow gets here. Thanks for the info, might be our first snowday! Driving back roads in a School Bus in alot of snow is superstressful.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Y’all enjoy all your snow. :heart:
    It’s 71 degrees here right now :noway:
    :flowerforyou:
  • soretooth1
    Options
    yea we didn':t even get snow last year :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Gotta l:heart:ve a white Christmas
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    yea we didn':t even get snow last year :laugh:

Hehehehe We didn’t either. The only snow I saw last year was when I was at my son and daughter-in-law’s in Colorado for Thanksgiving. It was pretty and I enjoyed going snowshoeing but dang it was cold. When it gets to 11 and 18 degrees below zero it is time for me to get myself back down south.
    BTW…..It is now 73 degrees
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Gotta l:heart:ve a white Christmas

I got to see a White Christmas the first year my son was in Colorado.
    It was really pretty and we spent 3 hours the next day leaned up against a mountain because our little southern son thought that the road was under that snow….NOPE….he ran off the road right into the ditch. I sat in his Blazer and watched the snow fall and get higher and higher on the window beside me. It was really a nice trip and we loved the snow. While we were stuck there we did get out and get some really pretty pictures.
    Yes got to love a white Christmas. :heart:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you do it. 1 hour in the snow is plenty for me. I will stick to the thick central valley fog and the 118 degree summer days.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yup I was right, first snow day here. No schussing down the slopes we call roads in the schoolbus. I had to do that last week! Hey Pamschwab3 how much did you get out there?:bigsmile: We have a foot so far and it's still coming down in good old Vermont. This year my hubby is getting me snowshoes for Christmas, I know because I put my request in early. I'll be darned if I'm going to be stuck in the house after spending all summer and fall walking to lose weight. I love winter, I love the snow, I love the beautiful countryside, I DO NOT like being cold. lol. I will go out and buy some Smart Wool and wear layers, then I won't be cold.:bigsmile: You all know you love snow and are just jealous of Pam and me:tongue::laugh: Well gotta go find my front walk now. See yall soon.~Karen
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    We usually stay outside sledding for about 3 hours or so and it's so much fun.
    You don't feel the cold at all since you're walking/running up the hill over and over again... awesome workout!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I want snow:grumble:
    All we have is heavy wind and rain. Its 55 outside right now. I am staying home because my little guy doesn't feel good but now I am bored. :grumble:

I want snow:sad:

Have fun everyone with the snow.
    Eve