Any yogi's out there?

Options
I wanted to see if there are any people practicing yoga regularly? Anybody having challenges progressing in their practice or just how do you like it as part of your change of lifestyle journey?
I started practicing when I was 39 (now 43). I had been maintaining my weight but, suddenly gained 15 pounds and am now back down to my weight when I first started practicing. At first I practiced to lose weight now yoga has given me an appreciation to what my body can do. I would like to lose more but, focusing on this lifestyle change and not a diet. I found going with clean foods has really helped in my practice and am having a slow steady weight loss. I also have Hashimoto's and chronic adrenal fatigue (but, I am managing these things!)

I am looking for friends that are on a similar journey and I would love to hear your stories!

Replies

• TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I used to do yoga twice a week. Trying to get back into that. It usually helps me with tightness in the neck and lower back. I primarily go for the neck/back and other alignment help. I don't consider it a primary form of exercise (though I do record it in MFP). I usually do it on days when I've done some other form of exercise. In a way that's somewhat self-sabotaging because I can't hold some of the poses due to having already tired muscles. Warrior poses and plank in particular are tough after I've done a treadmill+boot camp class.

I am definitely still a novice. Certain poses I can't do and some of the ones I can do I can't hold for long.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I just stepped up my practice (classes) 3-4 days a week. Due to injuries I can't lift weights or do any running or jumping. So walking and yoga are it for me. I did try a yoga sculpt class with light hand weights seems to be making a difference. Best of luck!