Blood Group Diet

Options
Liz75
Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
Hi all,
Has any one had any success following the Blood Group Diet -eat right for your type? I have loosely tried it in the past and am wondering whether to give it another go to kick start some weight loss! I'm Blood Group O which basically means more meat and virtually no wheat, dairy stuffs! Cheers, Liz x

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    the best diet is no diet. please don't try a fad diet. calorie restriction while eating healthy and daily exercise is the only way to lose and keep off the weight. good luck.:happy:
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    luvmygrandkidstx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many of those fad diets and now I stay away from them. You just put it all back on and twice as much. The best way is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I started mine on January 18th and am losing slowly but it will pay off in the long run because this time it will stay off. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    well.... first time i heard this i actually made loads of fun of it!
    but then i looked into it... and found out that my blood type does better with vegetarian diets.
    and all my life ive been the only one to snack on veggies (literally when i was a child id snack on a huge cucumber or green pepper. raw and whole lol)
    im not yet a "vegetarian" per say but last time i had meat/chicken was over a week ago

i do love fish tho =]

i do agree tho. best diet is no diet!
    i dont deprive myself of anything just make good choices.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    the blood type diet is not a fad diet, there is actual merit to it. We all have different blood types with different requirements. There are some credible publications on the topic and some not so credible ones.
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes...i like the ideas behind it... And have the food supplement which lists what you can and can't eat.
    I've been using it for a couple of months now....not religiously as the B groups restrictions include Chicken and Wheat....although I didn't try it with the intention of losing weight i believe it's meant to be one of the effects of the rebalancing within your body.

Let me know how you get on!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have several friends who have tried this nutrition plan and they have had varying levels of success. I have found that simply following a restricted calorie diet has brought me (personally) the most success.

Hope that helps.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I think the blood group diet is rubbish. Essentially every blood group ends up eating a calorie controlled plan just with different food groups eliminated... I don't think your blood type has anything to do with the weight loss that may occur on this program to be honest.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    This diet isn't very kosher friendly for Type A: no lox, no matzot, no garbanzo beans (so no hummus) ... yeah, I'd rather keep doing what I'm doing now.
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your thoughts! Think there is some credit to it as breads/ pasta do make me feel bloated! I have succumbed to weetabix for breakfast this morning anyway!! And of course, I'll include them in my daily calorie count! Good luck to all of you on your journeys ;-)
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital. I asked a dietitian on the merits of this type of diet. She said that there is not enough evidence to support that this diet actually works. So my advise is not to waste your time on this one.
  • queenizzy143
    Options
    I just started this diet and going to see dr adamo i feel great!