Your average week, lbs lost

Options
I'm wondering how much you guys lose per week (on average, lbs lost divided by number of weeks you've been at this), and what your short term weight loss goals are (ie., weekly/monthly goals). Also, a bit of background info would be nice :) (height, gender, age, starting weight, current weight, etc.)

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Female, age 49
    5'7"
    Started: 170
    Current: 163.2
    Weeks: will be 6 on Wednesday (Started Wed., January 16)

So losing a little over a pound a week. Since I only want to lose about 15 pounds, I set it to lose half a pound a week and have been eating back my exercise calories (using a HRM to track calorie burn), but frequently come in 100-200 calories short for the day to leave a small margin for error.

Because I'm losing faster than I mean to and I'm training for a half marathon, a few days ago I upped my daily calorie goal from 1660 net to 1780 net (went into settings and chose the next-highest activity level), and am trying to stay within 100 calories of that. Hoping to keep losing weight, but at the slightly slower rate of under a pound a week. I'll wait another 4-6 weeks and reevaluate then.
  • stephanieogle35
    Options
    I have my calorie goal set to lose 1 lb per week. I've been at this 7 weeks now, and have lost nearly 17 lbs, so actual loss of 2.4 lbs per week. I started weighing 182 and am no around 165. I think the big thing that is helping me is that I eat 50-100 calories under my goal 6 days of the week, and the 7th day I go over by 100-200 calories or so. Also I burn a couple hundred calories 2-4 times per week when I work out. I try really hard to eat close to my calories, but I think the running has helped bolster my losses so far.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for nearly 22 months now. On average, I've lost .83 lbs. per week. I aim to net 1200 calories, but usually end up around 1300 instead. And I workout, so I'm eating more than that on many days (not nearly as many as I should lately!). I have NEVER hit a plateau. That's not to say there haven't been weeks or months where I've only maintained or gained, but there was no mystery behind it LOL. It was directly tied to my eating.

I shoot for losing 3.5 lbs per month, but as long as the overall trend is downward, I'm OK with that. February is not looking to be a good month LOL.
  • melissanorth35
    melissanorth35 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9' and my starting weight was 153lbs, my goal is 140lbs-i have two children and am 35yrs old. I've been at this exactly 5 weeks and I'm down to 147, so that is a loss of a little over 1lb a week. I get about 1460 calories a day and I exercise daily, buying myself an extra 400-700cal/day.

I too like to stay under my allocated calories by 100 or 200, just to account for errors on my end. On days that I do not exercise, I often seem to go over my calories because I'm starving on only 1460 cal a day.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with my progress. I'm not sure if I will continue to lose a pound a week, as I'm moving close to my goal weight. I would not be suprised to see things slow down to a half pound a week.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, female, 5'8"

SW: 152
    GW:: 135- initial goal was 145
    CW: 139.6

11 weeks on MFP so far so that's an average of 1.13 pounds lost per week.