Another thing... Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" Hypnos

Options
I know he had a TV show last year or so, and today I was at the library with my kiddos and saw his book and decided to check it out. Along with it comes a "I Can Make You Thin" Hypnosis CD, that I uploaded to my ipod. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and/or had any success?? He seems to have many good ideas with his system such as portion control, conscious eating, and rating your hunger levels.

Replies

• bambi5014
    bambi5014 Posts: 79
    Options
    These are his 4 GOLDEN RULES: (sounds simple enough)

1. When you are hungry, eat.
    2. Eat what you want (not what you think you "should".)
    3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful.
    4. When you are full stop.

No one has tried this?? Please give me some feedback! Found some reviews on Amazon, and they were all pretty good, but I want to know from any MFP peeps who have first-handedly given this a try! :wink:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    wish I could help you but i have never heard of the guy. I will be watching this post though should be interesting!!
  • thegenealogist
    thegenealogist Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have tried this and I think it's great. You need to focus on how full you feel, and take your time to eat slowly, and stop when you have had enough but it really helps because you lose the feeling of being 'deprived' when on a diet.
    It certainly stopped me obsessing about food and when combined with the food diary it really helps weight loss. I recommend you try it!
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    that's pretty much what I do. When I am full I stop. I no longer can eat the same amount I could a year ago. I can eat like half if that and I'm full. Portion control is a huge thing for me. I eat pretty much what I want....
  • bambi5014
    bambi5014 Posts: 79
    Options
    Well, I am here to report that day 2 of the Hypnosis, and I really find it to be working! I am going to keep it up! I find myself second guessing my hunger level when I "think" I am hungry, I really use his hunger scale to determine my actual level of hunger. Its great! Its amazing what our subconscious minds are capable of!!