FYI: Culver's Soups = Healthier Fast Food Option

Options
Oh Culver's soups, how have we never met before today?! Now this soup-lover has healthier, belly-warming options to choose from when next Husband's Culver's craving strikes. My planned strategy from here on out: Sync an Evernote document to my smartphone indicating Culver's 28 soup varieties with their calorie contents, for quick reference in the drive-thru lane; once Mr. May I Take Your Order Please has disclosed the 3 soups of the day, with the flick of my finger I'll know the wisest choice to make of the soups currently available (considerably faster than referencing 28 different pages on their website). Today I lucked out in blindly selecting the lowest-calorie of the 3: Cheesy Chicken Tortilla (180 cal./c.) vs. Chicken & Dumpling (300 cal.) or George's Chili (336 cal.) I'll be a still happier soup-lover when comes the day we drive up to find Tomato Florentine in their pot.

http://www.culvers.com/menu-and-nutrition/soups/

Replies

• mandytriv
    Options
    Those soups sound wonderful! You could probably even call on the way so you don't have to scramble to choose which one is best. There are no Culvers in California but I think the soup is usually the healthy option in most restaurants.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    This is great information!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried their soups yet but soups usually are high in sodium ....as are most foods in restaurants. Love Culvers!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Soup is almost always a better alternative to burgers, fried, and those oh-so-yummy shakes.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote:
    Soup is almost always a better alternative to burgers, fried, and those oh-so-yummy shakes.

Exactly. For all the sodium content in soup is high, remaining nutritional content is bound to be better than the usual fast food fare. I've yet to meet ideal fast food (hence my thread title, "Healthier Fast Food"), but I'll opt for high-sodium soup in a pinch. :)