A pound is a pound.

Options
One of my pet peeves is people claiming muscle weighs more than fat. A pound is a pound..does not matter if it is feathers or rocks. A pound of muscle will take up less space than fat. Just like a pound of rocks take up less space than feathers.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep! Granted... you'll need MORE of the muscle to make a pound that equals the pound of fat but it's still a pound!
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    one of mine also :-)
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    One of my pet peeves is people claiming muscle weighs more than fat. A pound is a pound..does not matter if it is feathers or rocks. A pound of muscle will take up less space than fat. Just like a pound of rocks take up less space than feathers.

That is why weight sometimes doesn't matter and body fat percentage is way more important. The BMI scale is a "crock" Even though I weigh more, my body fat% is about 13-14% right now. Trying to cut below 10%
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I see this is your very first post :huh:

Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    kblake11
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: Good luck with your weighloss:drinker:
    Becca