Hate your job?

Options
How many of you here hate your job and why? I'm currently in a position where I love what I do, but my only two co-workers are toxic. They are rude and unprofessional. I'm looking but it's a tough job market.

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    No, love my job. I work at a large Academic Medical center...LOVE IT!
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i'm a preschool teacher. i love my job, i love the children and i love the feeling i get when they actually learn something that i've taught them. it's really rewarding....however: my boss is a total jerk who runs me ragged and makes me perform things way above my pay-grade...and then refuses to give me a raise even though i am the most educated person on her staff. and it's hard to juggle school with work.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I love my job
    I just hate when I have to deal with rude customers.
    Otherwise Love my job so much I study(school) what I do when it gets slow.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Hate my job and the reasons aren't anything unique to me; I'm underpaid and under-appreciated... and the hours cut into time spent with my kids and the gym.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I enjoy what I do. There's challenge, flexibility and I can't complain about the pay.

Just happy to have a job.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    I'm trying to be more positive. I am happy to have a job, but this place gets me down. I need to buy a self-help book or something to keep me more positive about it I think.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    here ain't I?
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    I have landed an amazing job. i am an apprentice for one of Uks top tattoo artists.
    I hate that I have to work for free/pennies for a year cleaning and tea making to earn my training!!
    But thats how tattooing works and deep down I know how lucky i am to be there!

*plus i have to work 6 hours a night after full time at the studio drawing portraits for people to pay rent, feed kids etc etc - Rant over haha*
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love what I do, but the current sequestration issue means I could be laid off or furloughed or not or who knows??? The atmosphere of not knowing what will happen nad what the worst case is is toxic.

I will not eat over it
    I will not eat over it
    I will not eat over it.

Always look at things as an opportunity.....
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    I love what I do, but the current sequestration issue means I could be laid off or furloughed or not or who knows??? The atmosphere of not knowing what will happen nad what the worst case is is toxic.

I will not eat over it
    I will not eat over it
    I will not eat over it.

Always look at things as an opportunity.....

Gosh, I really hope everything works out for you.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    I guess the title should be "Hate your work environment" Because I like my job, just not my boss and co-worker.