Need Insanity motivation starting 2/25!

Options
Hi everyone! I am starting Insanity this upcoming Monday, Feb. 25th. I tried once before and failed. I need some help and motivation so I can get through the program. I need to lose weight desperately! Is anyone else starting Insanity next week?

Replies

• tiggerdug
    tiggerdug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about it, though I like to go to the gym too so not sure i could do both, dose it need to be done every day?
  • excello1980
    Options
    Hi,i accepted your friend request! :)

i'm Doing insanity too.....
    my things i experienced with insanity,
    when i started out and i would miss a day because i (really) had no time ,i quit and waited for the week to go by and start all over again.
    please dont do this to yourself, is you miss out one day, focuss a little more the next!!!
    dont feel bad about yourself....

go at your own pace!!! never compare yourself with the people on the dvd!!!
    theyre excersising theire whole life, so its impossible to keep up with them.
    when i started out i often took a breake, now after 3 weeks i''m able to almost do it without breaks, but now now i rest a little longer than the 30 seconds.....to get some water en catch your breath, 30seconds is not enough for me.

then shoes.... i used running shoes at first, dont do that, theyre not stable enoughand you will get yourself into unnessesary pain!! i now got some cross-trainers(baskettbaal shoes).... theyre much stabler.( i got this from the forum of MFP and its true)

most important of all, your food, eat good, eat enough, otherwise you will have not enough energy to last the 60 days.

just keep it updated.....i will measure my fat percentage later on, i lett you know my progress.
    lett me know yours too!!? it gives just that extra little push to work harder :)
  • excello1980
    Options
    oh one thing, sorry about my english, not so good in whriting....but you'll understand , i hope!! :)
  • demauris
    demauris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting it on Monday. To be honest, I've had it over 5 months, I did the fit test and felt intimidated. I was trying to keep up with those in the video which was crazy because they are fit and I am not. I got discouraged and stopped but the days I did it I lost about a pound and that was only the fit test. So, I am going to do it seriously. I haven't worked out since those 3 times last year so I am positive I will see results. I'm just planning to do MY best this time around.
  • beckstar41
    beckstar41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through my 4th week and I thought it would be a bit easier by now....sadly mistaken haha my saving grace is the ppl on the DVD can't keep it up either! My flexibility is better and I do love it. As unfit as I am, as hard as it is...I'm still giving it a good go : ) keep going everyone.
  • excello1980
    Options
    my results for this week!!

week 7

Weight 187.39
    Bodyfat 24%
    fat weight 44.97
    lbm 142.41

week 8
    weight 185.18
    bodyfat 22%
    Fat weight 40.74
    lbm 144.44

as you can see, i'm not ony loosing weight, i'm also gaining some lean body mass!!! :)
    i'm really happy with this!!!
  • laurengeerken
    Options
    I am thinking about starting tomm too. I never have anyone to hold me accountable and always fall out after a few days! Maybe we can help eachother out!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I sat and watch the first day. Or maybe it was the fit test Friday night while my hairdresser was doing my hair. It looks tough!!!!!
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    Im starting Body Revolution tomorrow 2/28. Actually restarting it. I had done it but am just back from having leg issues so you can add me as a friend and we can share our results!

20MORE
  • bodylanguage
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 Monday. Feel free to add me :smile: you can do it! Just take breaks when needed and don't give up. You'll get stronger every day.
  • alligetsskinny
    alligetsskinny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm starting insanity today! I'm very nervous... We can do it!! :D
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. Hoping I stick with it!!
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm scared!!
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again today. My first time around I stopped w two weeks left due to injury. I've been slacking off on my fitness goals lately and would love to go through the program with others. I hate doing the fit test though, so today I'll be doing fast and furious (bonus workout) instead.

Don't be afraid, we can do it together!
    "I'm not trying to kill you, just trying to make you stronger"
  • jjones62301
    jjones62301 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of the Insanity workouts and I'm loving it! Definitely go at your own pace...take breaks when you need to but try to keep moving. JUST A LITTLE HEADS UP...in these workouts you will be using muscles that you probably didn't know you had so don't be surprised if you gain a couple pounds before you lose a couple. Week 1 I gained 2 pounds, week 2 I lost 1 pound, week 3 I lost 1 pound....so almost a month in and I am still the same weight, BUT I have dropped 1 pant size!! Keep that in mind in case you don't see the results you were hoping for on the scale!
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi. I'm starting my Insanity Recovery Week today and from what I hear, there's not much recovery in it :) I'm always up for new friends to keep my motivation strong! Feel free to add me!
  • excello1980
    Options
    tonight fit test.....so wish me luck, will be posting it tonight or tommorow!!!

gonna keep pushing!!! :)
  • JeremyGa
    JeremyGa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just started it today myself. One heck of an eye opener thats for sure! Good luck!
  • gr00vymama
    gr00vymama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post so hello all :) I started Insanity today. It is harder than I expected but I am excited to see how I look in two months. Good luck to everyone else starting today. We can do it!!
  • kathrynwalton89
    Options
    I started this morning! Fit test totally made me feel like a wimp, but I'm going to keep at it. A friend loaned it to me....If I dont finish, she's going to kick my *kitten*!

Here's hoping the first actual workout doesn't kill me. :)