Heart monitors

Options
What do people use for heart monitors that are water resistant and can be tied into the fitness pal system for documentation

Replies

• makieo
    makieo Posts: 16
    Options
    If you sweat, which hopefully your working out that hard, the moisture would kill the heart monitor.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 and my sweat doesnt kill mine. I wet it before putting it on as well. I have heard of other swimming with it without a problem, I am just not a swimmer. It doesnt tie into the sytem though, as far as I know. I just log my calories manually.
  • drgummibear
    drgummibear Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sweating will not ruin a heart rate monitor. The ones that get the best heart rate measurement are the ones that come with a chest strap. The sensor is on the strap and sits centered on your chest. They are usually made of rubber so sweat isnt an issue. The one that I use is very good, but there may be better ones out there. I have a Timex Ironman digital heart rate monitor T5H921. Not too expensive (around $75). Easily googled or can be found on Amazon or maybe Ebay for cheaper. But I think what you are interested in is called a Fitbit. I don't know too much about them except that you wear them and they will automatically download the information to MFP. Body Media makes these and I believe they are on 15% discount til the end of the month. Pretty high tech.

They are actually seen through the APPS tab on MFP or you can go to this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/10

I hope this was helpful for you. Cheers from the Drgummibear :drinker:
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback jsut looking for the most efficent way to calculate multiple types of workouts.
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Info. I know others that have a FItbee and they love it. I'm jsut trying to explore my options. Thanks again
  • aas1277
    Options
    I just got polar FT4 and love it so far....