Embarrassing gym moments

Options
Went to a different gym today. The layout was all weird power rack next to the tread mill. The power rack looked like it was from medieval times. The safety bars were all weird on it. I ended up setting them up too high and hit one on my warmup squat which caused the bar to go all crooked and send the 45 lb plate flying then the other one too because it was so unbalanced. Looked like a moron.

What have you done at the gym that makes you just want to crawl under a rock?

Replies

• lolinj
    lolinj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    While I was still nursing my youngest son I was in step class and had a nursing pad on so as not to leak in class. During one of the jumping jacks the pad went flying out of my shirt. I am not sure who saw it or realized what it was but I was embarassed. I just picked it up and continued stepping. :blushing:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    while working on squats with a male trainer there to spot me I let out a rip roaring fart...he almost passed out...and I made sure never to go to the gym when he was there...

I still get nervous when I squat...
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    rip roaring fart = shart?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I fell off the incline bench when I went with my brother once. Thankfully it was his gym and not mine so I never had to go back. Super embarrassing.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    One morning last year I went to the locker room, put my gym bag down on the ground, changed into my gym clothes and I didn't realize a woman was standing right behind me and I accidentally hit her in the nose when I was putting my hair into a ponytail.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    This has happened quite a lot recently but if I go on the treadmill, usually after an intense session on the stationary bike, I really feel the need to fart, and because I can't control it I have to just let it happen. When it does happen I can't hear how loud it was because I've got my iPod on so I just have to keep running and pray nobody knows it was me or that they can't smell it :tongue:
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I squart (squat+fart=squart) frequently, and OMG it's embarassing! It's not as bad if I don't do a warm-up walk before hand, that seems to be the secret, but to stay safe, I just suffer through it.

Also I managed to drop a measly 8 lb dumbbell behind me when I was doing triceps extensions and it rolled half way across the gym with me trying to be cool about chasing it.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    rip roaring fart = shart?

I believe that some mass has to come out for that too happen rather than a gust of intense air.
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    didn't understand the picture or directions for the nautilus ab machine at the gym in college. Got myself into it somehow upside down and backwards, moved the weights and extended somehow, and then was stuck suspended in mid air - the weights were holding me up and I couldn't disentangle myself, even by relaxing or "dropping" the weights. My friend couldn't get me out of the machine alone (and was laughing pretty hard). A stranger had to literally come and hold the machine while my friend helped me out of it. I would have minded more if I wasn't laughing so hard I couldn't stand up (my friend and I couldnt' stop lauging, either, so after a few minutes everyone in the gym was smiling if not laughing). Apparently this happened with some regularity, a few months later they put new stickers on with better pictures and directions. I still smile when I see a similar machine in other gyms.

Now I stick to free weights if I go to a gym at all, so just the standard weights flying off, dropping the bar awkwardly, ripped blister bleeding kinds of embarrassing moments.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I was finishing a five set session of bench pressing moving up in weight for 3 sets then down for two. On the last set I had 135 on the bar (which was warmup weight for me at the time) and wanted to do 12 reps. Got to about 10 and tried to get the last two and ended up with the bar on my chest. Was about to roll it down my chest when a woman working out nearby came and saved me.

Never saw her again....until 2 years later when a friend convinced me to fill in on his softball team. She was the first baseman. Good times!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    walked around with racoon eyes because my liquid eyeliner got all sweaty and smeared. Oh well!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym with my husband and was doing ball slams with a 20 lb ball that splatted (didn't bounce). When I picked up the ball I squat-ed and when I stood I wanted to go straight into a jump then slam the ball but the 20 lb ball was too heavy. After a while I decided to get the 10 lb ball so I could incorporate the jump squat into my slam. My husband promptly said - you know that bounces, right? I answered - of course I know, I've done this a thousand times! I'm sure you can figure out where this is going. I slammed the ball as hard as I could and faster than I knew what was happening it bounced right into my face. Yeah, it was funny but my husband was wonderful and waited until I laughed before he did! :D The inside of my bottom lip was cut but other than that I was ok. I was lucky to take most of it in my chin versus my nose, I'm sure it would have been broken otherwise.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Fallen off the swiss ball while doing sit ups. Landed flat and hard on my butt. Swiss ball went flying out behind me and rolled off down the gym lol some nice guy rolled it back to me ten pin bowling styles.....So embarrassed.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    walked around with racoon eyes because my liquid eyeliner got all sweaty and smeared. Oh well!

That actually would look pretty boss to me.

If you walked past me I'd be like Q_Q and give you your space
  • RoyaltyThick
    RoyaltyThick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    good to know im not the only one farting in the gym... but last week it was the guy beside me working on the machine why i was on the elliptical and i farted,not sure if it was loud do to my headphones but it smelled horriable...i just knew he smelled it! oops!
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Add another one to the morning workout gas category. I've had some pretty noxious ones as well.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • chuckponygirl
    Options
    Bahaha! Definitely some funny stuff here!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Half empty gym on Friday, picked up a 15 kg weight from the stack without noting that someone had loaded all the 20 kg and 10 kg plates on one side and just 2 15 kg weights and half a dozen 5kg weights on on the other, turned my back and the whole stack collapsed loudly spilling plates everywhere (oops).

Also tried to hold a plank with my forearms on a swiss ball and feet on an upturned bosu, failed miserably and fell off scraping my arm. PT thought that one was hilarious.

PS I have never farted in the gym, I am a classy broad
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    there two maybe more

1 i went in supper early to workout before my dentist appointment well i did my work out fine then i went into a room in front the treadmills and others. well i was on the floor streaching i fell a sleep for half hour never went back for two weeks because when i woke up every one was smileing plus i have the tendency to drool and snore. o my

2 in a class we where doing toe touch on a bosu well i must of stomped because i flew off into the wall but i just got back up and went on the instructor she didn't even see it. i know cause i asked after class lol