Share your side by sides!

Options
Prior to kids, I had no real issues with weight. When I had my daughters in 1999 and 2001, the pregnancy weight slid off with no real effort. My son came in 2005 and I also hit 30 that year. That weight didn't come off. I used to be 150, but since 2005 my heaviest weight was 225.

In Oct 2012 I decided to join a gym. I was tired of trying to lose weight, now I just wanted to feel good. So the plan was to workout 3 times a week. As of now I do C25K on Day 1, strength training on Day 2, and rest on Day 3. I try to watch what I eat but I don't really deprive myself. If I want it and can't satiate it with other stuff, then I eat some.

In Dec 2012 I got sick and went to the doctors. That was my first weigh in after having started working out and I was at 212. Recently friends kept saying that I looked like I lost weight. I knew I needed to drop down in clothing but I figured it was just really shape change. I didn't feel smaller, I felt the same as I always had (that doesn't mean fat, I never really felt fat even though I knew I was larger).

On a whim, I decided to weigh in yesterday. I came in at 188. My jaw hit the floor and then I smiled.

Still not sure where this will end up. Maybe I will lose more, maybe I won't. I know that I love working out and I feel better than I have in a long time.

With that, the pic on the left is from June 2012. The pic on the right is today, Feb 25, 2013.

(okay so apparently the post on how to pics doesn't work......HOW DO I ADD A PIC?)

Your turn! Show off your side by sides and share your successes!

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    You probably need to change the IMG to lowercase img on starting and ending formatting tags.

Congratulations to you!!!!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I'm hoping to fully transition away from the scale as a measurement of success as well. And what FromHereOnOut said about your pics is most likely the case, just use the img tag inside square braces [ ] before and the /img tage inside the square braces [ ] after your link and your pics should show up just fine.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS :):)

I download the pic on photobucket.com then on the right hand side of the page there's "image links" click it and down drops 4 different links.. Copy the link that says IMG code.. It will look like this

boiledcrawfish_zpscbc27dd2.png

^^ You want to change the caps to lower case[img]^^ Hope this helps :) And good luck on the rest of your journey!!![/img]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!