Any other Pregnant Folks out there

Options
Hello, So I was on my weight loss journey and found out two and a half weeks ago I am pregnant... after a few weeks of eating like crap I want to get back into eating healthy. I am still considered overweight so I think technically I am allowed to eat at maintenance all through the first trimester and I am looking for other moms to be that want to be friends along this journey. I have made myself the promise I am not going to put the weight that I lost over nine months in the next nine months... well really the next 7.5 months now but I put on 4 lbs in first two and a half weeks!

I want to eat healthy and have a healthy baby and get right back into getting into even better shape after our baby is born :)

Replies

• liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there -- Just found out I'm pregnant to ... about 7 weeks. Had just really gotten committed to losing the residual weight from baby #1 and then found out I'm expecting baby #2. Would love to connect!
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    We are probably around the same due date :) I added you
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 9 weeks in and I've gained 1 pound so far. I'm hoping to stay about the same until the 2nd trimester.

I have been logging on MFP for about a year now. Definitely still overweight as my goal weight is still about 20 to 25 pounds away but I've done significantly better in the last year than I have in pretty much all my years since the "newlywed" weight gain kicked in.

I am on a crusade to not gain too much weight with this pregnancy. I started out about 25 lbs higher than I am now when I first got pregnant with my daughter, so already I am proud of myself starting off.

Please add me if you'd like! I would love to have friends on here that I can connect to too
  • zobug2010
    zobug2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant too! About 6.5 weeks along (an estimate). I started losing weight a little over half a year ago, and have lost 35 lbs. I was withing 10 lbs of my goal weight when I found I was pregnant.

I still plan on running the Half Marathon in May that I have been training for(Dr Ok'ed), and eating healthy. I have upped my calorie intake from 1500 to 1800 just to maintain my weight for now. After that I will bump up to the 300 to 500 calories more per day. I would only like to gain 25 pounds during this pregnancy.

I believe that eating healthy and excersizing throughout pregancy is key to feeling good and healthy yourself.
  • cookingcow
    cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I too just found out I am pregnant! I have been leading a healthy lifestyle for a few years now and dont plan on changing that during the pregnancy. My estimate is I am between 4-6 weeks along but I will know more after my appointment this week. So far it has be SUPER easy to eat healthy because the nausea is CONSTANT and I only really crave healthy things anyway like Peanut butter, fresh fruit, toast, etc.
  • khein33
    Options
    I also recently found out I was pregnant. At the end of December I decided to turn my life around and really focus on losing weight and getting healthy, well, here we are and I find out that I am pregnant. I'm about 80 pds overweight right now, and my biggest fear is gaining a lot during pregnancy. I'm about 10 weeks right now and am having a tough time controlling myself from eating the things I crave, which are not healthy foods. I go to the DR again next week, and I do feel like I've gained weight, but that could be me just constantly worrying about it. I haven't been able to work out in a couple of weeks due to major back pain I've been experiencing. Was told that should go away by week 12. I HOPE SO! No morning sickness or anything like that, so I am able to keep everything down and I'm eating everything in sight! Hopefully I can get out of this slump and focus on eating healthier and continuing working out so my pregnancy is easier on both of us!
  • uscgirl1991
    uscgirl1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I'm starting my 8th week. Morning sickness just started to kick in but not bad...just a bit queasy. I'm trying to figure out how many calories to net each day...I still have weight to lose but I want my baby to be healthy so I guess I have to put off my weight loss. I don't go to the doctor for my first visit until next week. I have so many questions...
  • milliman28
    milliman28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all of ya newbie pregos out there.... Anybody's little bump coming in? I am 6 weeks today and I swear my belly is popping a bit. The only reason I notice is because of how it looks in my shirts. Am I paranoid or have some of you bumped early? I haven't gained any weight yet, so it isn't lbs. I am just hoping it isn't apparent before we are ready to tell people.
  • dlovelymomma
    dlovelymomma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my second pregnancy. With my first pregnancy I gained way too much (60-70lbs)!!! I was 135 if I recall correctly I ended at 185-190... I've managed to lose 40-50 lbs and now I'm 145 I was so close to meeting my 135 goal. Now that I'm pregnant I definitely want to remain active and continue to eat better I'm just terrified to gain that much again. Follow me if you're pregnant and let's help each other out.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Hi :)
    I am 9 weeks pregnant and I have put on 3 pounds since then. The 5-6th week I was hungry like a bear and ate lots, but now I am not so hungry as before.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Hi all of ya newbie pregos out there.... Anybody's little bump coming in? I am 6 weeks today and I swear my belly is popping a bit. The only reason I notice is because of how it looks in my shirts. Am I paranoid or have some of you bumped early? I haven't gained any weight yet, so it isn't lbs. I am just hoping it isn't apparent before we are ready to tell people.

Mine was too! I think it's mostly bloating, but if you are very small then it can show quicker. My dr told me today that I probly will start showing in the 4th month.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Alyssah. I am 22 weeks pregnant and on my second baby. With my first son I gained 100 lbs going from 120-220 in 9 months. I started this pregnancy at 212 and have gained a total of 6 lbs. My.Dr wants me to deliver at 212 so that is my goal! I have about 18 weeks to loose (and maintain) 6 lbs. IF I can go lower, both the Dr and I would be thrilled! Feel free to add me :)
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm currently 9w4d and pregnant with my 2nd! Due in October! My first daughter I gained 70lbs and that is NOT happening again! I lost 100 lbs with MFP a few years ago and kept it off and thought this would be a great tool to manage my weight gain this time around. Add me if you'd like! I'd love to have other pregnant friends on here!
  • pookimonkey
    Options
    Hi I'm 11+5 weeks pregnant. Trying to be careful about what I am eating, but after about 8 weeks of feeling terrible, I am tending to just eat anything I fancy, whenever I can! not good, but lost a few pounds in the first few weeks as I felt so horrid!
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi *waves* I'm 5w2d pregnant, due at the end of Nov. My appetite goes up and down lately, so my weight is staying pretty consistant right now.. but I have a feeling as I get further along that will change a lot.
  • nicholesams
    nicholesams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just found out yesterday that iam pregnant my EDD is nov 23 I lost weight hopeing it would help me get pregnant
  • kapetrosky
    kapetrosky Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant, tested last week and based on LMP have a due date of Nov 30. I'm really watching my weight this pregnancy (it's my 3rd). The last two I ballooned up 80 pounds and was miserable. I would also love to have some other expecting friends to cheer on the next few months!!:smile:
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i am currently 29+5 weeks pregnant. i use this site daily still and still exercise too feel free to add me :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Congratulations everyone!

Just FYI, there's a group on here that you'd all probably enjoy - lots of great ladies there who keep things pretty active! You can post on the threads based on your trimester, and/or you can find or create a thread for your due date month, plus there are a bunch of other informative and sometimes silly threads, too. It's called Fit, Fabulous, & Pregnant!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1920-fit-fabulous-pregnant-

Enjoy!

Rebecca (31.5 weeks)
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I Just found out last Saturday I was pregnant with my first..I went doc Monday and they gave me an urine sample and It came back a BFP! I go This Monday April 1st to my obgyn I am only abt 6 weeks and 3 days but I'm going in early bc I am
    considered high risk bc of my PCOS and high blood pressure issues so fingers crossed and I pray that I have a healthy baby