low-cal ranch?

Options
Can anyone reccommend a good low-cal ranch dressing that I could find at a major grocery store? I love those wishbone spritzers for italian, but I am at a loss when I want ranch. Usually if I order low-cal ranch somewhere it tastes nasty and I'd almost rather not eat it then eat the low cal stuff.

Also, I love how most restaurants ranch is kinda soupy...I think I am the only weird person that likes it that way. The store bought stuff is always thick and globby. Is it really as simply as adding some water to it and if so does anyone know how much?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Can anyone reccommend a good low-cal ranch dressing that I could find at a major grocery store? I love those wishbone spritzers for italian, but I am at a loss when I want ranch. Usually if I order low-cal ranch somewhere it tastes nasty and I'd almost rather not eat it then eat the low cal stuff.

Also, I love how most restaurants ranch is kinda soupy...I think I am the only weird person that likes it that way. The store bought stuff is always thick and globby. Is it really as simply as adding some water to it and if so does anyone know how much?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    They have ranch spritzers, and I think it tastes pretty darn good!!!!!!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    the only one I like is the Hidden valley one and then I go for the light. I guess it's a matter of taste and everyones is different but you could probably thinn it out with low fat or fat free milk?
    Good luck:drinker:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Get the ranch packets and mix it with some low fat sour cream... tastes alot better than the pre-made stuff!
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options

Really? Are they by wishbone? That's awesome I will look for those!
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    the only one I like is the Hidden valley one and then I go for the light. I guess it's a matter of taste and everyones is different but you could probably thinn it out with low fat or fat free milk?
    Good luck:drinker:

That's a good idea, thanks!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options

Really? Are they by wishbone? That's awesome I will look for those!

Yeah, they are. I freaked out in the store when I saw them. I have the same problem with salad dressing. I just didn't want to give it up, but I knew it was a huge calorie-eater. Try at Wal-Mart, that's where I found it.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I love the light HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH... any others im not crazy about....
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    I had Wishbone Fat Free Ranch yesterday at a friend's house and it was pretty good. Also, we love the Hidden Valley Ranch Low Fat with Sour Cream at our house.