Hey everyone

anu_6986
anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I just started following MFP two weeks back and trying to stick to my diet.... Please help me with a few tips and any other info which might help.. Thanks

Replies

• kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    hi and welcome!
    one of the best things that helps me is to plan my meals ahead of time, like the day before. also, I prepare as much as I can so it is ready. I cook chicken breasts, salmon, cod, etc. and frig/freeze for the week, make tuna salad and keep in the frig. clean and cut veggies so they are ready for a quick snack. bag walnuts and almonds (whole & unsalted) in single serving sizes. Have about 3 varieties of fresh fruit on hand.
    exercise, make it a priority...doesn't matter when you do it, just make sure it happens!
    water, water, water!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Cleaning and prepping fruits, veg and nuts is a great idea. I've just recently started doing that and it helps a lot! Good luck!
  • yoouulie
    yoouulie Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone:

I am new to MFP, but now to this weightloss journey. I recently lost 27lbs and gain most of it back. I am turning 31 tomorrow and I finally feel like I am ready to overcome my weightloss obstacles and get more active in the process. Most of my friends are skinny and could care less about losing weight or exercising so I am doing this on my own. I would love to connect with others on MFP. Let's encourage each other. I'm So Excited!!!!!
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    I agree, preparing ahead of time helps a lot. If I don't have anything prepared, I am more likely to eat something unhealthy just b/c of convenience.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    My advice is to make one change at a time. Sometimes a major overhaul proves to be too hard to stick with. Maybe make one food change a week.

I also prep fruits and veggies when I buy them. That way they are easier to grab and go when I'm packing a lunch or (more likely) running out the door.

Sign onto My Fitness Pal the same time every day. It's also helpful to log as much of your daily meals in the morning as you can. I usually know early on my breakfast, lunch and day snacks. That gives me a better way to determine what I have left at dinner.

If you buy something in a bigger box, immediately break it down into servings and put them in snack sized zippered bags. It will help you remain in control or portions.

Most importantly is to forgive yourself if you make a mistake or go overboard. Stop yourself as quickly as you can. Forgive yourself. Then start over.

Good luck!!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Thank you so much everyone... Going on I will start planning my meals ahead. Thanks for your advice :)
This discussion has been closed.