If you won $1000 cash, you would...

Options
SweetSailor
SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
If you were awarded $1000 in a cash gift card, and expressly told you had to spend it on something wonderful, what would you do with it?

This happened to me and my spouse says I can only spend it on myself. I won it as a bonus at work for performance.

I am thinking I might buy treadmill. Unless there is something better that I haven't thought of.

Replies

• Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    oooh! Congrats on the money! I would probably buy a nice treadmill too. Or a new couch.
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    Infinity ring
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    New wardrobe, definitely.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, maybe a vacation or plane tickets, or theatre tickets, jewellery, a spa day. something that I would really like.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would put it in my After-I-graduate-I'm-going-somewhere-cool savings account
  • aaronisaranger
    Options
    Soup up my fast car just a little bit more!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I would buy all the baby stuff I still need for this baby. I'd save the rest for new clothes after he/she is born.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Clothes and shoes!

Although, really, I would probably buy something for my kids too.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    new wardrobe.. or, if you have not met your goal yet, save it for when you meet goal and then buy a whole new wardrobe. something to work for :)
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Treadmill sounds great! You might be able to find a great one on craigslist and then use the leftover money for something else. :)
    A mini-vacation would be fun, too!
    Congratulations.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'd pay off our Disney Cruise that we're going on next year!

If I had to spend it on ME, I'd be torn.. maybe save it until I lose more and restock my closet? That's a hard one!!

Congrats on the prize!!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    That's so difficult because I have so many things I'd want to spend it on, but wouldn't necessarily just be for me...

So I'll go with a range of kettlebells. <3
  • RetroRob
    Options
    I won an Easter egg once :ohwell:

Buy yourself a luxury item something you have always wanted?
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would set it aside as money for all the clothes I would buy once I got to my goal weight! :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think it would be wonderful to have all the medical and dental bills paid off for me and my kids, so that's where it would go. Any excess would go toward wonderful groceries or wonderful gasoline for my husband's car.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Ink
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I would save half and spend the other half on something fun for me/spouse...or just me.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Well you could either spend it all, spend half of it and save the other half, or spend money on something you really want/need and save the rest.

I'd probably end up saving it. Though my saving tend to get to a nice amount then I blow it on going on a long vacation. XD
    Last time was a full x-country by train to CA and back. Stayed in LA for 4 weeks. Then traveled back in 11 days touring the rest of the country. :D
    Next up....England and Germany!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Partying, gambling,strip clubs, and buy some stripes on my was brand new in 2012 Generation 5 Camaro(Bumblebee)
    :happy: :drinker:
    9755412_7230.jpg
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got 500 bucks the same way and spent it on a Playstation 3