Weight watchers and Insanity

Options
stacibuk
stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
Has anyone done these 2 programs together and how did it work for you? Did you eat your weeklies or just stick to dailies?

Replies

• ShannOliver
    ShannOliver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done these 2 programs together and how did it work for you? Did you eat your weeklies or just stick to dailies?

I just recently switched over to using MFP full-time instead of WW, but I was on WW for a long time (but only 1 week of Insanity).

But, when I was on WW, I never ever ate my weeklies. Only if I accidentally went over did I ever use my weeklies. But that was just on my first week of Insanity. It worked well, but it was only a week so that's not a full perspective. But WW will tell you if you're losing weight too fast. The best thing about WW is that it will adjust the points for you as you log to correlate with your changing body and routine.

For WW, the absolute best thing I would recommend (through my many trials and errors), is to stick to what the default point values are that WW will assign. I would try to manually lower them, only to screw up my routine. When I followed exactly what was assigned, it worked really well.

That's really the #1 key to WW. Follow EXACTLY what it says to do. I saw really good results that way.
  • MissDeAnn
    MissDeAnn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity now heading into week 2. WW is just like this site, so I would just do this site to save money and do insanity. I already see changes in my body my arms and legs are tighten up. Insanity and hard but it is not for nothing. I have tried WW and it works to put didn't stick with it.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing both and I'm not seeing any weightloss. So I was wondering if I should add my weeklies
  • MissDeAnn
    MissDeAnn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weeklies?
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? I think that's going to be the biggest deal - whether you're doing it based on MFP or WW. You are burning a lot of calories and you have to make sure you eat enough while doing Insanity.

(I did not do WW while I did Insanity, but I have done WW before.)
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I calorie count but incorporate weight watchers meals into this just for the fact that they are low cal :) Also tried insanity and believe you would get good results if you did both!
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've never done both of those, but when I was on WW (the old points system) I noticed that when I ate my weeklies in healthy foods then that was when I lost the most weight. The points system is different now so I would say maybe not eat those weeklies unless you are absolutely hungry and maybe only eat your exercise points in healthy foods. There are of course many ways you can do it, so doing what works for you is best. :)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I was on WW and think it is a great program. However, the cost was too much at the time and luckily a friend told me about MFP which is free. I liked the WW online and also did the meetings but I have found so much more support on this site than I ever had at any meeting or online. The only difference is instead of calculating and allocating points, you count actual calories. I can't speak about insanity cos I'm doing the 30 Day shred ($8 on Amazon, US).

Good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!