Alcohol and takeaway!!

Options
Hey all!
Hope you are all well. My name is Becky and as you probably have noticed by the subject heading I have a weakness for both subjects. This weekend I was very naughty and drank lots of alcohol and then topped it off by takeaway (as you can see by my food diary :-( ). It was one of my old school friends stag night as he is gettin married! I really hate the fact that due to one moment of weakness I drank and ate all that! I just wondered if anyone had any tips or pointers to stop me from having takeaway like easy to prepare tasty meals.
Advice much appreciated! (ps: I am back up and on it today, I will not relapse!!!)
x x x x x x x x x

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key. They say that one class of wine a night will improve your heart/circulatory system.
    That said, lots of drinks will be bad for the liver, plus give you empty calories, etc.
    Can you go out with your friends and have virgin mary's or virgin other alcoholic drinks? A Virgin Mary has healthy tomato juice and hot sauce (which is also good for you) and you can munch on the veggie they stick into it as a stirrer. You put healthy vitamin A and C in your body, which is also good for your heart!
    All of us mess up. The best rule is to re-continue the healthy practices the very next day. And drink lots of water every day--it helps flush the toxins out of your body.
    Take care, BJB :drinker:
  • charis2032
    charis2032 Posts: 64
    Options
    I use the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook. It is full of easy to make low-cal meals. Also, you can check on-line for the nutrition information for your favorite take-out. You might be surprised and find something you can order that still fits your new eating style. Don't beat yourself up over one night. Workout a little longer today and try again tomorrow.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I USE THE HUNGRY GIRL COOK BOOKS TOO I LOVE THEM THEY ARE GREAT!!
  • pezperry5
    pezperry5 Posts: 21
    Options
    Where can I find the hungry girl cookbooks from? I know I should be healthier in relation to alcohol but try and try I cant haha! My liver is probably so pickled now! x x
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i love hungry girl - wal mart, chapters, coles, they all have them - the recipes are delicious!!
  • pezperry5
    pezperry5 Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks people! Its definately worth an investment. x
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My diet go-to drink if I'm out is a Malibu (Rum) and diet Coke. I normally hate diet Coke but this drink tastes great and is only 60 cals (from the ounce of Rum!)

Cheers! :drinker: