A Few Questions. Eek!

Options
Alright, so I have been going through a vicious cycle of gaining 5 pounds, losing 3 pounds, gaining a pound, etc... for the last 3 weeks and it's really frustrating! (oh, and I only weigh myself once a week)

I know that this is all water weight because there's no way in one week I ate enough to gain 5 pounds!

I'm just wondering, how long will this go on? What can I do to stop it and start losing again?
Feel free to check out my Food Log, and maybe see what I'm doing wrong.
Oh, and could this be a result of not switching up my exercise routine?

Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• BoilerMaker22
    BoilerMaker22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Do you weight yourself at the same time each day? That's the first question I would ask.

It could be due to not chaing your exercise routine. You may be on a plateau right now due to your same exercise routine.

I also don't think this would be due to water weight, as I believe water weight has the tendency to level out after about two weeks of constant water intake. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm no expert, but I took a look at your food log, and you are eating very healthily, so I don't see that as a problem either. I think the most likely culprit is either your routine, or when you weigh yourself.

P.S. Not to sound gross, but it could also be due to irregularity. With eating lots of protein, that could cause you to become irregular. Is that a problem, or no?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and I don't think you are getting enough fat. yes I said fat.:laugh: you are obviously set at 50/30/20 and you do great with carbs and protein. but you are way under on fat most days. so you aren't even getting the 20%, You need fat to function properly. good healthy fats from nuts, olive oil, avacados etc. I would give it a try, it worked for my daughter who was way under on fat consumption.

Not all people lose on a higher carb diet. some people do better with balance 40/30/30 and then the low carbers go 20/50/30 or something like that. sometime you need to try other things to see how your body responds the best. There is no one diet fits all out there.

Good luck!
  • valerieflames
    Options
    thank you both so much!
    i've changed my goals to the 40/30/30, and i'm going to see how that works! :)
    because i've definitely been consuming a large amount of carbohydrates.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    good luck. let me know how it works out for you.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other post, how ever, I would try to get more protein, more water, and there are days that you are way under your calories. You might want to get that to balance a little better.
    Good luck.