breastfeeding and weight stuck

Options
I'm eight months out from the birth of my son. I gained far too much weight and have about 40lbs to go to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I have 1300 calories a day, adding about 500 back in for breastfeeding. Been running and light strength training too for 5 days per week of exercise. It's been a month since I started using MFP and doing the couch to 5k (i ran a lot pre-prg, but had to stop for health reasons while I was pregnant.) In that a month, I have lost exactly zero pounds.

i'm not expecting it all to drop off immediately, but this is a little ridiculous. I'm feeling very defeated and close to just giving up until my son weans. I guess I just need some encouragement or advice or anything! thanks!

Replies

• MoparMatt
    MoparMatt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You need to eat MORE! MFP calculates for your goal weight and if you are adding in exercise calories. Read this post it will help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/865024-1200-and-why-it-won-t-work
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well, sounds like you're eating 1800 Cals a day? Give itnsome more time,.maybe add some more calories in, and see.What happens. I know that I lost when breastfeeding and eating 2000+, but it really depends on what you're eating and doing.

Remember,.it took longer than a month to put it on, it's going to take.longer than a month to take it off.
  • saraleerod
    Options
    I am 8 months out from birth and breastfeeding full time and I am having a hard time losing the weight I have gained from pregnancy. I do walking/speed walking on my new treadmill, watch my portion size and everything so far my weight is coming off very slowly. I want to lose at less 85lbs to get to my per-pregnancy weight from my 1st child, but for now my 1st goal is to get to my per-pregnancy weight from my last baby which is 11lbs. I also eat 1800 calories each day
  • marigold114
    marigold114 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, that wasn't really clear in my post, I ultimately eat 1800, more if I exercise because I eat that back too. I'm going to read that thread, thank you! It's a foreign concept to me to eat more to lose. And thanks Sara, at least I know it's not just me and it's just slow going for some of us then.
  • blackrabbits
    Options
    OMG, I could have written the exact same thing!! I have six kids ages 8, 7, 5. 4, 21 months and 6 months. I've been working out like crazy, cardio and weights 5-6 days a week for an hour each time, watching my cals, and have seriously lost nothing. My ticker says two pounds, but I am convinced its water weight! I feel horrible and want to give up because nothing is working. Blahhh...however, I'm sure it's better to workout than not. Anyway, I could so use some support. I love breastfeeding my baby :)
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My dd is 9 mths old I been working out 7 days a week and just lost 1 pounds. I'm also breastfeeding too it's hard to lose the weight..
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that I lost zero weight while breastfeeding my youngest two children - Any weight I did lose was after I stopped, which can be frustrating as most of the women I know who have kids my age all seemed to drop the weight while breastfeeding - just shows that everyone is different