Don't see it coming off

Options
I've been on this for a week and have followed the water, been under my calories, done the exercising and have not seen one pound come off. Any ideas?

Replies

• bnblack08
    bnblack08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats for deciding to excercise and watch your food intake. That's the first step. I think we all step on those scales after that first week with a hopeful expectation. Everyone's metabolism is different and fitness is a process. I know you're ready to see some changes but I encourage you to be patient. Give it a few weeks of your body getting used to the new routine.

Keep up the good work!
  • hartterjw
    hartterjw Posts: 27
    Options
    it took almost 2 weeks before I saw any changes, but after my first weigh in here I lost like 15 lbs! (I didn't start this site til my 2nd week) so keep at it, the pounds will start coming off. If you watched "Biggest Loser", you will know that it can vary week to week. My 2nd weigh in I gained almost 5lbs back, so its not easy, just gotta try to stick to it, record all your foods and exercise. For me it took 40 years to gain, so not expecting it to fall right off. Keep up the good work! :)
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    This is what my Dr told me in the beginning "it took awhile to pack it on, its gonna take awhile to get it to slide off" it took about three weeks until I saw anything. Very frustrating! But hang on! You'll notice soon enough! Keep at it!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else on here. If your doing everything right, it will come off. Make sure you measure also as sometimes even when the scale isn't budging, the measures are getting smaller. It's all good. You can do this, you took the first most important step.
  • faithtrustnpixiedust
    Options
    Yes, definitely after a week it's very normal not to see anything. Honestly, it's ok to weigh on the scale once a week, but you can't rely on that. When I started out I only weighed every 2 weeks; there is nothing fast and easy about permanent weight loss - trust me! I've lost 110 lbs but I started a LONG time ago (2003) - but I'm happy to say I've kept it all off. SLOW & STEADY WINS THE RACE.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Eat all your calories, don't go in starvation mode and ruin your metabalisim.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    If you're eating right, and exercising, the weight will come off. It may not come off on your desired schedule since our bodies don't always abide by our rules set forth (retaining water is a scale buster) but in the long run it will come off and you'll feel much better! Congratulations on taking the first step!

Make sure you eat at least 1200 net calories after you add in exercise calories! Oh and make sure you take your measurements and log them too, you'll see results in inches if not lbs!
  • katiedid1956
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I plan on seeing this through. Don't have a lot to lose, but at my age I need to get it off!
  • faithtrustnpixiedust
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    I was just curious as to how you are doing - I posted to your reply back in May and I know you expressed frustration. Just curious if things have improved! I kind of wish the 'community' of this board was better, so I'm trying to get better at it myself! Hope you're still using this site and finding it useful!