Could someone explain this please?

Options
What in the world is C25K? Where do I get info on this? What is "Zombies, Run!" This all sounds interesting...just wish I knew what it is, lol.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Couch 2 Five K... no running to being able to run a 5km race.

Google Couch 2 5k.

No idea about the Zombies run... an event maybe?
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    C25K is a program where non runners are gradually taken from the "couch" to running a 5K race
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    C25K is the couch to 5km program. It is a training program to help "couch potatoes" build up to running 5 km straight.

http://www.c25k.com/
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Zombies run is an iphone running app. I think you might use getting chased by zombies as motivation or something like that
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    C25k is Couch to 5K. Its a program that helps you to go from being a "couch potato" to running a 5k. You can google it. They give you charts in both mileage and time so you can do the program whichever way works best for you.

There are a lot of "special" runs out there. The zombie run is a race that you sign up for and you can be chased by zombies. I think if the zombies catch you, you turn into a zombie and can't finish the race. So, moral of the story you want to out run the zombies. You can also find a bunch of mudruns and whatnot.

Oh, I reread. Yea, you were asking about the app, not the race. However, there are also races.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options
    There was a zombie run here in Casper WY last year . You should be able to look up Casper Star Tribune Zombie run. It was sponsored by a friend of mine. It was a lot of fun for the zombies and living both. It was a run, proceeds went to charity. You (living) had two flags on your waist. You tried to get to the finish line w/o losing your flags to the zombies along the marked course. Fun for all. It was a huge success. GO ZOMBIES. And yes, you could walk it. :)

--Shelley
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think everyone did a pretty good explaining the C25K....More on the Zombies, Run - can be found here: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

It does a better job of explaining the App than I could.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    What in the world is C25K? Where do I get info on this? What is "Zombies, Run!" This all sounds interesting...just wish I knew what it is, lol.

I'm almost positive the zombie run is in NY around halloween. People dress up and run a 5k from zombies or as zombies. not really positive. I almost went last year.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    C25K stands for "Couch to 5k," it's a beginner's running training regimen. There are a few variations, but in essence it's a 2-3 month plan that has you working out 3 days a week, alternating running and walking and running a little more each week, until you can run at a comfortable pace for thirty minutes at a stretch, and/or run a distance of 5 kilometers (~3.1 miles). Most of the variations just have you work up to a final 30-minute run; I followed a slightly-modified 12-week plan (most are 8-9) that shifts its goal from time ("run for 6 minutes") to distance ("run half a mile") in week 8. The 9-week program is available for free online. There are some smartphone apps as well (some are free, some paid), but really, all you need is a timer or watch. The apps just beep at you when it's time to start/stop running. If you'd be interested in the 12-week plan, I can send you that information; just message me.

"Zombies, Run!" is a specific running training app for your smartphone. It's sort of a game; rather than just "run for this many minutes/this distance," it's "run for this long/this far because OH GOD THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING." There are sound effects, and you unlock story bits and achievements.

ETA: There are also many, *many* local 5k fun run events around Halloween that are zombie themed, and that often have names like "The Zombie Run," especially in recent years. But OP was asking about the app.