Crockpot Recipe Question

Options
2»

Replies

• jordanalexis90
    jordanalexis90 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A lot of time I will throw some chicken breasts, black beans, corn, salsa, sour cream, and cheese into a crock pot and cook it until I can shred the chicken. I work LONG hours and this recipe works so well for me because I can eat it many different ways. Over rice, as a taco, by it's self, etc. Soups are a really really good thing too. And it doesn't have to be always broth items. While chicken soup is amazing you can still do split pea soup and even chicken wild rice soup. I find a lot of stuff on pinterest - that site has been a life saver for me!! Also there's a recipe section in here and a lot of those recipes are really really good. And the one website you will see over and over on here is www.skinnytaste.com
    Oh man I make a "salsa chicken" that's about the best thing ever! very similar to yours! my sister must have it everytime she comes to visit ;)
  • jordanalexis90
    Options
    ooooo forgot to add if you are a Pinterest member...there are tons of crock pot ideas, even some that involve buying in bulk and freezing packaged whole "meals" that you pop in before you go to work, I have been thinking about having a preparation bee with my sister in law to try it :D
    yes oh my!! pinterest is about the closest thing to heaven on earth ;) dont know what i'd do without it!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    btw you have any other photos of whatever you are wearing? not sure if it's a scarf - shirt combo but it looks damn nice! is that polka thing just a scarf?
  • jordanalexis90
    Options
    I have a similar recipe that calls for a pouch of Italian dressing mix. I use the Club House "salads n dips" powder. You could mix that with a bit of water and use it in place of the oil dressing. It would have a similar taste for way less calories :wink:
    great idea! I have used those pouches before didn't even think of that!
  • jordanalexis90
    Options
    btw you have any other photos of whatever you are wearing? not sure if it's a scarf - shirt combo but it looks damn nice! is that polka thing just a scarf?
    yes it is a scarf with an oversized sweater! about my favorite outfit ever! scarf is from a little boutique around here! can't get enough scarfs!!
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What about just pouring out the liquid contents of the crockpot and measuring/weighing that, then subtracting that value from a full bottle of dressing? Would that work?
  • sofielein
    Options
    okay, I think I just got some new color ideas for the summer then. (still won't be cooking with salad dressing lol!)

I think yellow (like very yellow) skirt with blue top white dots? or white skirt blue top yellow scarf with white dots, hmmmm....
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It must be the root canal treatment I have gotten today making me extra grumpy, I could probably critisize anyone getting in my way

BUT please do not cook up salad dressings, I think I am pretty sure about this one being a no no : ]

You're probably one of those "No cheese with fish" people too.
  • sofielein
    Options
    Oh, yes, I am one of "those" if that makes you feel safer and better :)
  • jordanalexis90
    Options
    okay, I think I just got some new color ideas for the summer then. (still won't be cooking with salad dressing lol!)

I think yellow (like very yellow) skirt with blue top white dots? or white skirt blue top yellow scarf with white dots, hmmmm....

oh man now I want to go shopping ;)
  • jordanalexis90
    Options
    and ps my scarf was worn with a grey sweater! navy yellow and grey, good combo!!
  • sweetgold
    sweetgold Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Forget butter for the rest of your life. Read labels (the whole thing) and NEVER use regular salad dressing for anything !!! (unless the amount used is a teaspoon t or less).
  • sofielein
    Options
    I have a white dotted blue scarf as well that I am wearing with my great sweater all the time. But the whole yellow concept just got me a new perspective :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Forget butter for the rest of your life. Read labels (the whole thing) and NEVER use regular salad dressing for anything !!! (unless the amount used is a teaspoon t or less).
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling.:tongue: