Doing 30DS and looking for extra ab workouts

Options
So I have been doing 30 Day Shred for almost a week now and was wondering if anyone had any extra ab excersizes so I can give myself the extra boost. I have some love handle issues and I really am trying to say goodbye to them...... and also a little inner thigh pudge. Any advice? Or tips would be MUCH appreciated

Replies

• coachyoda88
    Options
    Do some planks. Challenge yourself to hold it for as long as possible. Then from that position you can go into the mountain climber.
  • SilverPanther86
    Options
    http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/best-abs-workout-ever

There's a link to some good ab workouts that you can throw into the mix to get away from the boring ole crunches. I like mixing up different workouts week to week to keep it from getting too repetitive and boring. Others I really like are dragonfly's, bicycle crunches, hanging leg raises, and leg raises laying on the back.

Just keep em fun. Abs are probably one of the most unpleasant muscles to work. Just remember to keep the motions slow and controlled for best results. Good form will trump wild flailing high reps any day. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ab workouts will not help with the love handles - losing body fat will.

ETA: OMG at the cuteness of the puppy!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    More ab workouts etc =/= reducing love handles.

You can't spot reduce fat with "targeted" exercise. If you want to burn more fat, go for an extra walk or do some walk/run intervals or some other kind of cardiovascular activity. The ab and core exercises are sufficient in 30DS for building some strength and improving your core for level 2 (there's a LOT of planks and core work in level 2).

Edit to add I've lost ten inches off my hips and 6 inches off my waist, and I don't do any "extra" ab or core exercises.
  • hsmart603
    hsmart603 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If you look on youtube, you can watch just the ab section of Jillian michales no more trouble zones work out.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Running and cardio will help overall lean you out since you can't spot reduce. Ab exercises will build muscle which is good when you are losing the fat so make sure to do your ab workouts so when you lose that layer of fat your muscles will be there nice and tight. There are tons of videos on youtube for ab exercises and inner thighs. Good luck on your journey!
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Ab Ripper X from P90X every other day after I do my 30DS. Its killer. I can feel my abs getting tighter and stronger. But as long as I have the fat on top it won't matter. You have to get rid of the layer of fat before you can see the results of any ab workout