What are your thoughts on Jillian?

Options
So I thought I really liked JM.. Love all her DVDs.... they're really challenging and I've always gotten a great workout from them! I also have her book "Making the Cut" (has great recipes, workouts, etc) and I enjoy watching her on Biggest Loser! We're even Facebook friends!!!!! (you know its official when its on FB) In a nutshell, you can consider me a huge fan.

HOWEVER................

I was reading her newest book that came out, and she made reference to Dr. Oz.... in a positive way. :sad: :sad: :sad: I don't think anything positive of Dr. Oz and his quacktastic ideas!!!!!!

So I thought I'd see what everyone thinks of JM. :smile:

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is awesome. I would probably more of her DVDs.

She's a little scary in Biggest Loser, but I can see what she's trying to do there. I don't care to watch it.

Everything else, like the diet pills (yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw some with her name on it) the protein shakes and books, I'm not buying.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

She's a babe!
    Though I don't think I am inclined to do any of her workout programs - they're just not for me.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is awesome. I would probably more of her DVDs.

She's a little scary in Biggest Loser, but I can see what she's trying to do there. I don't care to watch it.

Everything else, like the diet pills (yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw some with her name on it) the protein shakes and books, I'm not buying.

Ya she was really someone who I looked up to! Now the whole Dr. Oz thing has me questioning alot. But I won't think too much into it!

I agree on the pills/cleanses. I was surprised when those came out a while back.

I think if I had a personal trainer who was as dedicated and in your face as she is though, I'd probably do really well. :)
  • msliu7911
    Options

She's a babe!
    Though I don't think I am inclined to do any of her workout programs - they're just not for me.
    kind regards,

Ben

LOL she definitely is!
  • cathrynfay
    Options
    I love her workout dvds. They work well for me. I'm not watching them for her endorsements or character flaws, whatever those may be. She is like any other tv personality and her goal is to make a profit and to brand herself. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't really have any thoughts on her, because the only influence she has in my life is her voice on the dvds I watch. It's a nonissue.
  • Bug2love
    Bug2love Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There is a group doing jillian michaels body revolution. If you are a fan of the workouts you should look into it. :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I think she's totally selling out in order to market herself with all those "cleanses and fat burners", but she is a celebrity trainer... It's kind of inevitable I'm sure.
    Love her DVDs.
    I'd kill for her body. She and I have fairly similar shapes so it motivates me.'
  • msliu7911
    Options
    I think she's totally selling out in order to market herself with all those "cleanses and fat burners", but she is a celebrity trainer... It's kind of inevitable I'm sure.
    Love her DVDs.
    I'd kill for her body. She and I have fairly similar shapes so it motivates me.'

Agree on the cleanses and fat burners!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If she hadn't put her name on the cleanses and fat burners, I might have bought her "Master Your Metabolism" book, but now I don't trust her.

I still love the workouts though. Well, I hate the workouts, but they seem to do the trick for me, so I do them anyway. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a stack of her DVDs, and like many others started with the 30DS. I credit her for helping me realize I am capable of any workout I set out to do. I've read her Master Your Metabolism book and while I didn't agree with or follow everything she had to say, I did glean a lot of good information from it. I was also a little disappointed to see her pushing cleanses and fat burners rather than just good old fashioned exercise and healthy eating, but whatever. I ignore those.

I really liked the short show she had, can't remember what it was called, but it ran a few summers ago, where she'd move in with a family and help them get started on fitness and healthy eating, then leave after a week or two, coming back to see their transformations a few months later. As with the Biggest Loser, she has a knack for getting to the heart of what's holding people back, and helping them make the changes and realize they are capable of being awesome.

I'm certainly not a fan of Dr. Oz and hate to see her endorsing him in anyway. A lot of people look up to her and take anything she says or promotes as "gospel truth", so kind of a bummer, along with the cleanse stuff.

The only workout of hers I've done for the past year or so is her Kickbox FastFix - it's the longest I've stuck with any of her workouts without taking breaks from it, but it's a fun 20 minutes of cardio for me 2 or 3 days a week. :smile:
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think she's great at what she does. I also read her Master Your Metabolism; I think that it was full of great info, some I took into my own life, some I didn't. I also wonder why she would put her name on cleanses/ pills or associate herself in any way to Dr Oz . . . makes me wonder what she was thinking, but I don't think that discredits the good things that she does/knows . . . . just my 2 cents . . .
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't think much of her, but the contestant Alex on the Biggest loser is really attractive to me...and if she loses some weight, oh man.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I think she is two people. One that really knows fitness and knows her nutrition and diet stuff big time. The other, a great business woman who says the pc thing about dr. oz who is the new oprah...and who puts on that army Sgt.. act on the biggest loser. She's just making her dime while she can.
  • BrieJJ
    Options
    I would marry her if I could. :)
  • msliu7911
    Options
    I have a stack of her DVDs, and like many others started with the 30DS. I credit her for helping me realize I am capable of any workout I set out to do. I've read her Master Your Metabolism book and while I didn't agree with or follow everything she had to say, I did glean a lot of good information from it. I was also a little disappointed to see her pushing cleanses and fat burners rather than just good old fashioned exercise and healthy eating, but whatever. I ignore those.

I really liked the short show she had, can't remember what it was called, but it ran a few summers ago, where she'd move in with a family and help them get started on fitness and healthy eating, then leave after a week or two, coming back to see their transformations a few months later. As with the Biggest Loser, she has a knack for getting to the heart of what's holding people back, and helping them make the changes and realize they are capable of being awesome.

I'm certainly not a fan of Dr. Oz and hate to see her endorsing him in anyway. A lot of people look up to her and take anything she says or promotes as "gospel truth", so kind of a bummer, along with the cleanse stuff.

The only workout of hers I've done for the past year or so is her Kickbox FastFix - it's the longest I've stuck with any of her workouts without taking breaks from it, but it's a fun 20 minutes of cardio for me 2 or 3 days a week. :smile:

Thats right! I remember the show you are talking about! I specifically remember when she invaded the Native American town and they got angry at her because she threw away their traditional fry bread. :P

I miss that show, wish they would bring it back!
  • msliu7911
    Options
    I don't think much of her, but the contestant Alex on the Biggest loser is really attractive to me...and if she loses some weight, oh man.

Agree! Alex is looking great!
  • msliu7911
    Options
    I think she is two people. One that really knows fitness and knows her nutrition and diet stuff big time. The other, a great business woman who says the pc thing about dr. oz who is the new oprah...and who puts on that army Sgt.. act on the biggest loser. She's just making her dime while she can.

Good way to look at it. I guess I would probably do the same if I were her! :)
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think she has a good heart and good intentions but like anything in entertainment business, its easy to forget your roots... I think she has become too commercialized and has lost some of her sincerity and therefore some credibility, IMHO.