I am doing some strength and toning exercises but......

They do not show any calories burned when I record them. I have been using some Youtube videos to Tone the total body and extras to work on my arms, my booty, my abs and my legs. I have been rotating these and doing a few each day. I am using 3lb weights because it has been a long time since I really worked out. I am feeling it. wow, my theighs, my arms, my abs and legs are all feeling the burn and I sure can sweat while I am working out. I just need confirmation that I am burning calories doing these exercises just as I burn them doing cardio. Does anyone know the comparison in the calorie burn, cardio vs strength. :ohwell:

Replies

• vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Ok I know this sounds crazy but you have to list your strength training under cardio training with my fitness pal if you want to see the calories burned. Go to Cardio Training and do a search for strength training, it's there, also there is a circuit training option. Under the seperate strength training category it only lets you enter your sets, reps, etc. and doesn't show any calories burned. I had to have this explained to me when I first started using this website.
  • Ok I know this sounds crazy but you have to list your strength training under cardio training with my fitness pal if you want to see the calories burned. Go to Cardio Training and do a search for strength training, it's there, also there is a circuit training option. Under the seperate strength training category it only lets you enter your sets, reps, etc. and doesn't show any calories burned. I had to have this explained to me when I first started using this website.

Thank you I will look for that.