Ladies that use HRM's..

Options
Do they irritate your boobs? O.O I have a huge scratch on one.. and a I thought my dog had done it while climbing all over me.. but I've got a little scratch on the other one. There isn't anything sharp there.. I wonder if I'm wearing it wrong or something.

Any advice on how to make it stop.. bandaids peel off when I sweat.. It is a polar ft4. Will it work okay if I lower it a little?

Thanks =)

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You wear it about where your bra band would go. I can't think of what would be scratching you.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    You wear it about where your bra band would go. I can't think of what would be scratching you.

^^. You're wearing it wrong. You're supposed to wear it on your bust line. Like under your boobs. :laugh:
  • Bug2love
    Bug2love Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tuck it directly under my sports bra. You can try to loosen it a little and tuck it under your bra see if you see a difference. The f4 should have a soft strap so it shouldn't be bothering yo. Unless they switched to the hard strap like the garmin. In that case I would see if yours is compatible with the soft strap version.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think it might be the transmitter itself.. It goes pretty much inside my sports bra right up under 'em. I wonder if it would affect accuracy if I put a bandaid or something on the part that might be touching... I've just never heard of any one else having this issue...
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I wear mine under my boobs and under a sports bra. I've never had any issues with it.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies! =) It was a little awkward asking.. =O
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You could also try Body Glide (or some other anti-chafe product) where you're getting the irritation.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Not sure what type of HRM you have but the Polars have a right side up that is rounded and the bottom is square. I've stuck it on the strap not paying attention with the square side up and it digs in then. The transmitter doesn't have to be next to your skin, the electrodes on the strap send the info to the transmitter that then sends it to the watch so I wear it just under (lower) than my sports bra so the transmitter is on the outside.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I wear it just below my bra-like towards my waist below. I've never had issues with boob chaffing from it.