CLuton
CLuton Posts: 5 Member
Strawberry Cheesecake Shake

5 Minutes to Prepare

Ingredients
Place into blender and blend until smooth and all lumps are gone (30 seconds):
---1/2 cup 1% Milk
---1/2 cup Lowfat 1% Cottage Cheese
---6-8 packets of Splenda (or sweeten to taste) I used 4 packets of Equal and was sweet enough
---1/2 tsp. Vanilla or Almond extract (optional)

Then add:
---2 cups (300 grams) Strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
Add frozen strawberries a few at a time, blending in-between each addition until all are added and shake is smooth.

Try it with frozen blueberries, mixed berries or peaches. WONDERFUL!!! The key is to blend the milk and cottage cheese until smooth before adding your fruit.

You can also adjust the cottage cheese from 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup.

Servings: 2 - 1.5 Cups
Calories: 118.4
Fat: 1.3g
Carbs: 18.1g
Protein: 19.4g
Fiber: 3.1g
Sodium: 259.2g
Calcium: 13.1g

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    This sounds really fun! Will have to try soon. Thanks for sharing :)
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    this sounds like a pritty good recipe! Thanks!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    have you ever tried making this with Almond milk? It sounds wonderful.
  • CLuton
    CLuton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comment. Have never tried almond milk for anything. Will have to give it a shot. You wll love the shake!
  • Sabs_21
    Sabs_21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! I WILL be trying this soon!
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    This definitely sounds like a great recipe and a winner in my book. I will have to test it out , thanks for sharing
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    yeah- I've made these before. it is pretty insane at how goood it reall is, and how much it taste like cheese cake.

I prefer skim milk and ff cottage cheese. but that was when I was working at GNC, and was in great shape- I was using this as a sweet tooth demolisher, and pre-bedtime meal....loaded with casseinate poteinz to help your body recover through the night......

great post!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    That sounds pretty good! Thanks for sharing!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Really, really? Is this really true? Don’t kid with me now cause this sounds awesome! I happen to even own cottage cheese right now (normally I’m a cheese hater – I’ll eat it once a month cause its good for me) so I can make this. I made orange dreamcicle cheesecake by Philadelphia once with blended cottage cheese and it was gross so fingers crossed on this one. Thanks – but I’ll be back if its nasty, LOL!
  • sunnysmile
    Options
    Just made a delicious breakfast shake in my Vitamix blender.

Blueberry Cheesecake Shake

1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup Lactaid cottage cheese (lowfat)
    1 raw carrot
    vanilla extract
    1 cup frozen blueberries (or strawberries or other frozen fruit)
    2 raw egg whites (optional)
    splenda to taste
    ice cubes

Blend well and enjoy. It tastes like blueberry cheesecake, yum. This makes several glasses in one serving. Around 250 calories total. I add egg whites because raw doesn't bother me and it's extra protein for little calories.

If you haven't heard of the Vitamix blender it can blend anything ... apples, carrots, etc. with pulp. It's much healthier than juicing. Those of you on raw diet might enjoy this too.
  • hendrickson21
    Options
    Best shake!! I used very vanilla soy milk instead of milk and is is awesome!!
  • sunnysmile
    Options
    Made it today with an apple, was excellent, added Almond extract and vanilla extract ... yummo. It's amazing what the cottage cheese does to the shake.