Diet pills? A few concerns...

I've never taken diet pills or supplements until now, never believing they actually worked and never being able to afford them, however after coming across some on clearance at the health food store, 80% off, I thought I'd give them a try...

However since taking them I've noticed a few things.... This may all be coincidental, I've only been taking these diet pills about one week now, and I've noticed these changes for the past 3-4 days...

The first thing I noticed, is that the past 3 days, I just cannot sleep! I never have had problems with insomnia before, even if I do stay up late, I easily make up for it the following day... but in almost 3 days I've only had 5 hours of sleep, and though I feel crazy tired, I just cannot sleep, it's unlike me...

Also... somethings different with my appetite, I still eat a lot, so it's hard to say I've lost my appetite... however how do I put this, my favorite foods, I suddenly am not liking, I'm throwing away a lot of groceries simply because they all seem off in taste, or texture, or I just don't feel like I could stomach them..... When I do force myself to eat any of these things, I end up throwing up, which is also not like me!

And I'm not sick or anything, and the timing makes me think this all has to do with these diet supplements I'm taking...

I recently did lose a couple more pounds, but being that this happened the same time I just started my pills, I'm thinking it might be coincidental...

Anyways, being entirely new with diet pills, I don't know if this is common, or entirely coincidental.... has anyone else noticed these types of things?

For what it's worth The diet pills I'm taking are called "Diet 360" claiming to boost metabolism and energy, support blood sugar levels , increase lean body mass and reduce stress and cortisol..

The ingredients contain stuff like decaffeinated green coffee extract, blueberry leaf extract, ashwagandha extract, seaweed concentrate, bayberry bark extract and coconut oil...

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    I've never been a fan of diet pills. I tried one years ago and it made me jittery, bouncing off the walls. And yes, insomnia was a problem. Hard to sleep if your insides are all hyped up.

Insomnia, changes in the taste in your foods, vomiting....sounds like this diet pill needs to hit the garbage IMO.
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    I've never been a fan of diet pills. I tried one years ago and it made me jittery, bouncing off the walls. And yes, insomnia was a problem. Hard to sleep if your insides are all hyped up.

Insomnia, changes in the taste in your foods, vomiting....sounds like this diet pill needs to hit the garbage IMO.

Thanks for sharing.... I'll take your advice and toss these out I think...
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    When are you taking them? If it's late in the day then it's not surprising, most off the shelf diet pills will use the likes of caffeine or chili extract, ie things designed to spike the heart rate thus increasing metabolism, which doesn't lend itself well to resting.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Where were the pills manufactured? The scarier thing about random "herbal diet pills" is how many of them actually contain pharmaceuticals to produce the effects that the "herbs" are supposed to create.

Random testing of imported "herbal" supplements? Found that many (most) had purified caffeine. Some had actual speed.
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    When are you taking them? If it's late in the day then it's not surprising, most off the shelf diet pills will use the likes of caffeine or chili extract, ie things designed to spike the heart rate thus increasing metabolism, which doesn't lend itself well to resting.

The package said to take them 20-30 minutes before each meal.... On the ingredients it mentioned "Decaffeinated green coffee extract" ....

It seems they are made by "Garden of Life LLC" in palm beach florida....

On a side note, I stopped taking them, and it took awhile but the insomnia seems to have finally worn off.... Also, something strange... after I stopped taking them, awhile later, my appetite came back.... with a vengeance! lol my taste in food seemed to get back to normal, but I was constantly hungry for awhile! Like no matter what I ate it just didn't feel like enough! This lasted about 14 hours and *finally* I think I'm back to normal now.....