How long did it take YOU to see results?

Options
Just thought it'd be informative and fun. How long until there was a difference, and what's your plan?

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    The first week? thats when i started seeing results
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Within two weeks, strength was up.
    Within two months, I had noticed a bit of a change in appearance.
    Now at six months, and the differences in both are still surprising me.

As for the plan:
    Lifting as heavy as possible 4-6 times per week for the whole time. If I could add 90 lbs. to a PR in a week, I did so. If I could only manage 20 lbs., so be it. Screw linear progression. :wink:
    I ran a borderline keto diet for the first five months, just so I could run a strong (900 cal) deficit without knocking off any of my protein.
    Now at 40/30/30 p/f/c with only a 400 cal deficit, and the lifting progression has slowed, as it had to eventually, but it's still increasing.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The first week. Only because I was being weighed and measured by my doctors. This continued until I decided to take it all into my own hands because I was confident enough. That was another factor I saw - just because the loss had made me more confident. Then I realised my fitness improved from zumba, and I'm now a hell of a lot more confident as I have more strength. :)
  • Ben_1960
    Ben_1960 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Immediately.

My plan is to continue until what I am doing either stops working or I reach my GW. I will start jogging then running when below 218 lb
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    It was virtually immediate with me and for the past month my weight has been on a steady downward slope (I get slight spikes with water retention but the trend is unmistakeable)
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I should start lifting and toning v.v
  • txbelle01
    txbelle01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    differences in face, about 3-4 weeks, differences in body 6-8 weeks. differences for you to really notice 12 weeks. differences for everyone to notice...16 weeks! good luck stay with it. Iam down 56.5lbs in 210 days, it's amazing the transformation! After 50lbs, 1-2 lbs will seem like 5lbs to ur body. Keep your eye on the prize! :)
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Oh dear I think I'm going to put a downer on this really positive thread!

I've been on my healthy plan since 3rd January - no chocolate, biscuits, sweets etc. Exercising 5/6 times a week - a good mix of cardio, toning and weights, classes and solo gym routine. Counting calories since beginning of Feb (max 1500 per day now upped to 1700).

No difference in the scales, no difference in the inches.

The only positive I'm drawing are: 1. stomach does appear a little flatter but I'm not eating bread so......... 2) I'm enjoying the exercise so I must be feeling happier 3) I've upped the weights for Pec Dec , Chest Press and Leg Press and whilst I'm far from impressive it's better than I was!

But I have to be honest and say that I've not noticed a physical difference at all :-(
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't notice much of a difference in appearance, either. However, others around me say they notice it. Perhaps that's because I see myself numerous times in the mirror each day.

The differences I notice have been in my physical abilities (i.e. hiking, lifting, cardio, etc.) and that I am down one pant size.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    I found it took a while and I got frustrated that nobody seemed to be noticing. It was good to feel my clothes getting looser, but I was still wearing the same old things so I looked about the same. Then after about six months people started commenting. My old clothes were hanging off me so I bought new ones and could hardly believe what I was seeing in the mirror. That was at 35 lbs or about. I felt better for the weight loss at 7 lbs, fitter with more energy, and not so 'gross', but it took a lot more to really notice. I would say, 3 months to look much different, six months to really see it and other people to see it. Now, 8 months, I love how I look and have only another 13 lbs to go to hit 'normal' bmi. Slow but steady is definitely best. It helps that I can cook delicious meals so don't feel deprived.
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi

After 1 day saw a difference on the scales but I could only see a difference after half a stone which took one week :-)

I ate healthy home made vegetarian food and (almost) stopped snacking. Swapped toast for rice cakes (you can eat more that way!) I LOVE bread so this was hard but rice cakes and cream cheese or rice cakes and tahini and marmite are really nice. I have tried to do a little exercise every day - even if it's just been short 10 minute bursts. When I've been waiting for the kettle to boil I try to do a little 'shot' of exercise then (not much but I do drink a lot of coffee and I think this little thing makes for a more active day - especially if like me you've just sat down on your bum for months!)

I also went below my 1200 calories most days:
    1 - 1148
    2 - 1033
    3 - 949
    4 - 1146
    5 - 1396
    6 - 1260
    7 - 1196

I know people are going to say I should be eating at least 1200 cals but I ate loads of healthy food and didnt feel hungry most of the time - I think it really depends on WHAT you eat. Lost 7 lbs in one week with light exercise like walking. half a pound went back on for some reason but came off again!

day 8 - 507 (started the IF or 5:2 diet and this was my first fast day.)

Hopped on the scales today and lost another 1.5 pounds so that's 8lbs in 8 days. woo woo!

I will say when I eventually put my mind to it to go on a diet I am very strict and lose weight quite easily but have no staying power. (Even if I eat more calories than the above). I really think the 5:2 Intermittent fasting diet is going to work for me long term. If anyone else is doing it or interested in doing it please feel free to friend me :-)
  • Sharry1978
    Options
    I've seen a shrink in my jeans size and less puffiness around my face in the first 6 weeks.

I do think the larger you are to start with, the less other people notice the difference. Because I hide under baggy clothes, people do not notice if they are slightly baggier.... Hence why I can't wait to get down to a 'normal' size so I can start wearing fitted clothes :)

It is a great idea to take a pic of yourself every month, to see the small changes along the way!