Stress or What?

Options
So last month, my weight was stuck between 195 and 197. I exercised, ate right the whole shabang! But it stayed in that range, so I dropped junk foods like chocolate to once a week and pizza once a month. And got to 192 then next month. So This month I sticked to that, but now I'm stuck again between 190 and 192 and I wanted to reach 185 by the end of this month. Its pissing me off because I haven't reached it, and I exercise 6 days a week! eat the right foods, high protein intake (to build muscle) fruit and stuff. If i knock off anything else I'm going to be a vegetarian! Some days I go over my calorie, because I'm still hungry. My sis said it might be stress, everyone has different ways of stressing. But I doubt i am but the weight part. I just wanted to reach my goal, and its not going as planned. Anyone has any ideas? or should i get a nutritionist?

Replies

• Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I set goals all the time and have been doing this for almost 5 years and have not hit a goal on the first try yet it looks like in the last month to month and a half you lost almost 7 pounds so great job it doesn't go straight down for me and we all hit bumps in the road for me getting to onederland weighing under 200 first time in 40 years I made it but I approached it dropped back 3 or 4 times and almost a month I was so close finally made it and now set new goals I wont reach the first time it just makes me keep trying.
    Enjoy the success and keep going
    Good health and good losing
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    i would definately see a nutritionist!! they are awesome and really help
  • werewolfseeker
    werewolfseeker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratz :D Ke22By! I'm not so patience in my weight, I have plans that I would like to do and I don't like set backs. Yes, it happens but its annoying. Just trying hard and seeing nothing make me want to give up, but then I've seen so much weight I lost I'm gonna keep trying. Thanks for the advice. And Def gonna look into a nutritionist.
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though you're very near your goal, so remember that this weight won't come off as quickly as it did at the start. Dropping junk food, chocolate, pizza, whatever won't necessarily help you if you just substitute something else for around the same number of calories. And being vegetarian didn't stop me gaining weight over the past 10 years - nor did eating meat stop my mum being slim... It's not just about what you eat, but about how much and your overall diet.

If you want more detailed advice, you'll be asked for your stats - height, activity level, how many calories you're eating etc.

Another way of looking at this past month is that you now know that when you've reached your target, this is how to maintain it - assuming that you're eating an appropriate amount of calories. :smile:
  • werewolfseeker
    werewolfseeker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm eating an appropriate amount, but sometimes I get hungry and tend to eat over, but i try to stick to something healthie like an apple or yogurt. Sometimes it feels like i don't eat enough. And funny thing you mentioned that the weight at the beginning drops quickly and toward actually getting lower it takes a bit longer. I thought the more overweight your are the quicker you lose it, and if you reach like 160? that it would get harder since you would have to tone to get off the rest of the weight.