3 weeks in

Options
Yay! Three weeks into my new lifestyle. Eating better, exercise 5 days a week and a little strength training 3 days a week. Lost 7 pounds and feeling a little stronger and healthier. This is great!

Replies

• snowy_sk
    snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It really does work doesn't it!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Cant wait til you celebrate your three month anniversary! Do you know your exact start date?
  • setowally
    setowally Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cant wait til you celebrate your three month anniversary! Do you know your exact start date?

Jan 24 I slowly just kind of started getting a feeling for the types of exercises and weight training I was interested in at the gym. On Feb 4 is when I really started the whole package.
    Wow three months is right around the corner! This is very exciting!
  • setowally
    setowally Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It really does work doesn't it!

Yes! It does! Its kind of funny that you really do have to eat a little more than you think to make this work. Its been fun and interesting logging in my meals, researching all the great posts and actually seeing what I'm putting in my body. I still need to learn a little more about the varieties of foods and recipes though.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Jan 24 I slowly just kind of started getting a feeling for the types of exercises and weight training I was interested in at the gym. On Feb 4 is when I really started the whole package.
    Wow three months is right around the corner! This is very exciting!

it really really really is! I swear, you wake up that morning and you'll stretch and youll be kinda sore from some preplanned workout that you knocked outta the park the day before. And you'll realize... ahhh it's almost summer... stretch... I'll be able to get more runs in and my cardio is gonna be sick with how much Im going to sweat..... WAIT TODAY IS APRIL 24TH! -self high five- officially a badass, with a solid streak of momentum that no one can stand in front of!! ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cause the best thing about this part is that it's when you realize that having a bad or off day here and there - doesnt matter as much as it does in the first month.

It's like a kindergartner... A year is a ridiculously long amount of time. It's 20% of their life, to be exact. Then you look at someone in their thirties or forties and pffft a year aint so long.

Someone just starting out getting healthy and living new like this - having a bad day or week can feel catastrophic because it's such a large portion of the amount of time they have spent trying to do this right. but you grow out of it and you're able to see the big picture.

A healthy life is a healthy life and it doesnt get negated by a crap day here and there. Thats just having fun.

I wish you nothing but success and only good results from your fumbles!!
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Awesome !